• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calibrating TRA II for high altitude

B
Jan 25, 2017
I'm needing to replace the primary clutch on a 1997 skidoo summit 670. Most replacement clutches i've found would be shipping from low elevation, and I ride at high altitude (8500+ ft). I haven't found a convincing article on how to adjust this piece, can anyone share their method, and perhaps some links to parts if needed?

I've heard just using lighter weights works, i've also heard a softer primary spring may help, and then there is adjusting the clickers. This is all new territory to me, and any help is appreciated!

Thanks much,
Nick

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
You can look on skidoo and get the specs for the elevation you want. Or ask your local dealer to print them for you. You can get by with the clickers. If it is on clicker 3 for low elevation the go to 5 for 6000 and up. As you get up to 9000 you should notice a loss in rims, and you could go to click 6 up on the mountain with 10mm wrench.
Otherwise lighten the pins to the elevation on clutching chart which would be set for clicker 3or4 .

Premium Features