• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BUDs can't program new key - temperature module not working

B
Mar 6, 2016
I bought a new-to-me 2009 Summit 800r Ptek (Everest). I bought a temperature module to activate the standard (not premium) console temp gauge (pn 860200629). I installed it and tried to get it to shift from gas to temp and it won't switch (on odometer display). Tried everything including working the connector on the harness in and out a few times.

The store I bought the module suggested the gauge and sled might need to be resynched. Took to dealer and he hooked up the BUDs and it said a ECM update was available so he did the update. Nothing to enable on BUDs for the temp module. Started sled and still doesn't work.

Problem #2. Wanted to get a DESS key programmed for a spare but BUDs can't see the new key. It can see the old key stored in the ECM OK. Sled knows when a programmed key to another sled is hooked up (constant beeping).

So this sled can't see the temperature module and can't program a new DESS key even though the DESS post reads the old key and a key not paired to this sled. My working DESS key for both sleds use the key that has the full metal square for the center conductor, not the strip that is contained in the new keys.

HELP and thanks

Premium Features