• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buck/Taylors Fork 2021/22

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Watching the Snotel sites it looks like Taylors Fork might be ridable this weekend. Is there enough snow at the highway to ride in yet without being on gravel?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Watching the Snotel sites it looks like Taylors Fork might be ridable this weekend. Is there enough snow at the highway to ride in yet without being on gravel?
I work in big sky, and there's maybe 4 inches down by the highway. I imagine Taylor's fork would be a little better, further south got hit harder by that last storm.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Gallatin avalanche report up there wasn't that great. You ca. You tube search it. Sorry don't have a link. Almost six feet of snow up two top another 30 minutes or maybe 45? And avy report is good. Just sayn is all

S

sledheadmt

Sep 15, 2009
Any idea on snow around Cabin Creek area? I have been watching the Snotel but am thinking we might head down tomorrow and ride Wednesday. Thanks!

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Buck had very little snow yesterday. Went all the way to Third Yellow Mule hoping for something. Was riding dirt in a few spots between second and third Yellow Mule. Anywhere exposed to wind, including in the Mule bowls, is pretty bare or low coverage. Spots that collect the blown snow are normal windblown hard slabs. Some ride-able powder in the trees in a few spots.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Any idea on snow around Cabin Creek area? I have been watching the Snotel but am thinking we might head down tomorrow and ride Wednesday. Thanks!
Rode cabin creek last Sunday and it was pretty decent. Probed a few spots and had about 5 feet of total snow. I didn't feel like I was sinking to the ground anywhere. Could use some more coverage to fill in all the creek bottoms and some rocks but it's not bad. Snotel picked up a foot today too so should be pretty deep up there.

Premium Features