• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brand Bashing Yamaha Sleds

Shattered1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Juneau, AK
I just finished reading Christopher's thread "Are 4-Strokes Really Closing the Gap?" and can not get over how many people come to the Yamaha threads and bash Yamaha.

I've been a four stroke Yamaha fan for a long time (since a friend got a RX1 in 2003) and wouldn't think of going to the Ski-doo, Polaris or Arctic Cat section and tell them why I think their sleds suck.

Actually, I don't think that their sleds suck. All manufactures are making good products these days and I can appreciate what they like about their sleds. I would hope they would be able to appreciate what I like about my sled as well. I don't love the fact that my sled is heavy, but it's manageable and I really like the reliability.

I guess what it comes down to is if you don't have something useful to say, maybe you should keep your ideas to yourself.

Frankly, I don't care what you ride, so long as you get out and ride. But I don't need anyone telling me what's wrong with my sled (and curiously most people who feel the need to tell me about my sled have never ridden a Yamaha four stroke) and why I should ride what they are riding.

Well, that's my rant. I'm sure there will be plenty of Doo, Poo and Cat riders that will chime in on why I should sell my sled and get one like theirs.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
#1 It's a forum,,, don't get butthurt.

#2 Chistopher sent out mass emails on both the release of the Viper and the snow weight vid with links to them and until then I and I'm assuming many other opinionated folks rarely visited the Yama section.

#3 Ride what you like and don't care what I prefer, I don't care what you prefer but I'll tell you why you're wrong. lol

And btw the Poo forum is the place where the other brand riders gather and bash in case you wanna vent more;)

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I just finished reading Christopher's thread "Are 4-Strokes Really Closing the Gap?" and can not get over how many people come to the Yamaha threads and bash Yamaha.

I've been a four stroke Yamaha fan for a long time (since a friend got a RX1 in 2003) and wouldn't think of going to the Ski-doo, Polaris or Arctic Cat section and tell them why I think their sleds suck.

Actually, I don't think that their sleds suck. All manufactures are making good products these days and I can appreciate what they like about their sleds. I would hope they would be able to appreciate what I like about my sled as well. I don't love the fact that my sled is heavy, but it's manageable and I really like the reliability.

I guess what it comes down to is if you don't have something useful to say, maybe you should keep your ideas to yourself.

Frankly, I don't care what you ride, so long as you get out and ride. But I don't need anyone telling me what's wrong with my sled (and curiously most people who feel the need to tell me about my sled have never ridden a Yamaha four stroke) and why I should ride what they are riding.

Well, that's my rant. I'm sure there will be plenty of Doo, Poo and Cat riders that will chime in on why I should sell my sled and get one like theirs.

You will notice the bulk of this started when the Viper came out. A lot of sledders know this may be the real deal and they react by bashing it. If the Viper was half as bad as they say they would have no reason to bash it right?

Last year our Viper converted to mountain changed some minds that were pretty set before they rode it....or lifted it from the front.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I'll ride whatever I think is best for me when I am buying a sled. I could care less what brand it is. Skidoo, Yamaha, poo, cat, custom. If it suits my riding style and it's well built, its on my radar.
That being said, IMO, Yamaha is top sled for quality and it's well built. I have no experience with Doo, but Poo and Cat I do.
Poo and Cat are junk. Cheaply built, no strength, clutches suck(not poo p85 primary), and they have to be rebuilt or traded in after one season of real riding. I mean no groomd trails, climbing, boon docking, tree riding, big climbs.
Seen both sleds after a year of mountain riding. Kinda reminded me of steamng piles of ...................
I don't ride a Yamaha.

O
Dec 6, 2007
RMS pretty much nailed it. As far as I am concerned Christopher invited everyone on to "discus" the Viper with his posts. The problem was, the wieght video was a total sham, a pack of lies. I think what you saw was bashing of bad information not necessarily of any brand. If the tone would have been... yes, we know it is still heavy but we think this is a huge improvement, you would have never heard a peep out of me becase THAT is the truth. Insulting everyones intelligence by trying to say one sled holds three times as much snow wieght as another is the most likely cause of what you considered brand bashing.

I hope all of your predictions about quality come true because if Cat is junk as mentioned, you might be in for a surprise... The new Yammi is built by Cat in Cats factory using Cats chassis. So if Cat is junk... you might want to reconsider YOUR blind brand loyal comments.

I personally never told anyone what to ride. I would just prefer we discuss the real truths rather than get caught up in a bunch of marketing dept lies. I don't care what anyone rides. Until we added a new rider to our group this spring mine was the only Poo amongst Cats and Doos. Buy what you like, I do. Just don't show up supporting a bunch of BS and be surprised when you are called on it. This can and does happen in every manufacturers section, not just Yammi. Christopher created that entire drama with his blind support of Yamaha, end of story.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
RMS pretty much nailed it. As far as I am concerned Christopher invited everyone on to "discus" the Viper with his posts. The problem was, the wieght video was a total sham, a pack of lies. I think what you saw was bashing of bad information not necessarily of any brand. If the tone would have been... yes, we know it is still heavy but we think this is a huge improvement, you would have never heard a peep out of me becase THAT is the truth. Insulting everyones intelligence by trying to say one sled holds three times as much snow wieght as another is the most likely cause of what you considered brand bashing.

I hope all of your predictions about quality come true because if Cat is junk as mentioned, you might be in for a surprise... The new Yammi is built by Cat in Cats factory using Cats chassis. So if Cat is junk... you might want to reconsider YOUR blind brand loyal comments.

I personally never told anyone what to ride. I would just prefer we discuss the real truths rather than get caught up in a bunch of marketing dept lies. I don't care what anyone rides. Until we added a new rider to our group this spring mine was the only Poo amongst Cats and Doos. Buy what you like, I do. Just don't show up supporting a bunch of BS and be surprised when you are called on it. This can and does happen in every manufacturers section, not just Yammi. Christopher created that entire drama with his blind support of Yamaha, end of story.

X2.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com

If you don't know about how some sleds hold a boatload of snow and others do not there is no intelligence to insult. Those of us that have ridden the Proclimb chassis know how little snow it holds too bad you didn't go see yourself.

By the way, Nytros held so much snow it was obscene.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Well, if The new Yamaha falls apart after a year of riding, and I witness it, I'll say so. If it lasts like the present yami's do, I'll say so.
I've seen way too many "flavor if the week" sleds and parts.
Let's see, 2000 Polaris-junk, 04 king kat-ill handling 2 x 4, dragon, skidoo 1200, psi engines.......the list goes on.
Yamaha has been good through all these years.
I can't believe they did a partnership with cat. The two companies couldn't be more different. Yamaha-quality, built to last. Cat-cost cutting, trim the fat bare bones. Like Trooper sings-a 3 dressed up as a 9!!!

O
Dec 6, 2007
If you don't know about how some sleds hold a boatload of snow and others do not there is no intelligence to insult. Those of us that have ridden the Proclimb chassis know how little snow it holds too bad you didn't go see yourself.

By the way, Nytros held so much snow it was obscene.

I rode with a '14 Proclimb Limited most of last winter. If you think the Pro holds three times the snow weight, as suggested by the video, you are buying into a lie. It simply isn't true. Some more snow? MAYBE, I have seen it for myself.

'13 Pro, '14 800 Proclimb, '11 E-Tec XP.... I have to say they all look like they are holding about the same amount of snow to me:face-icon-small-hap

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
I rode with a '14 Proclimb Limited most of last winter. If you think the Pro holds three times the snow weight, as suggested by the video, you are buying into a lie. It simply isn't true. Some more snow? MAYBE, I have seen it for myself.

'13 Pro, '14 800 Proclimb, '11 E-Tec XP.... I have to say they all look like they are holding about the same amount of snow to me:face-icon-small-hap

i think you missed the fact that its in the tunnel that it holds most of the weight. because of the long heat exchanger. i think we can all agree they probably hold the same amount of weight up front. but in the back it doesnt hold as much because it cant melt to the heat exchanger. the picture doesnt do any justice to any of the sled. heck even the cat might hold the most on the front end due to the way its shaped. but i think the etec does. i have all three sleds and love all of them differently IMO the etec doesnt go thru the snow as well as poo or cat. cat is second on going thru snow and poo is the best. but cats quality. could use a ton of help. like a lot.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
#2 Chistopher sent out mass emails on both the release of the Viper and the snow weight vid with links to them and until then I and I'm assuming many other opinionated folks rarely visited the Yama section.
Just for the record.
I sent out a very limited number of PMs.
I ONLY contacted those members who had been active in current YAMAHA Threads.

So out of some 85,000+ members, about 1,000 or so were contacted about those two threads. The intent was to ONLY contact those I thought would be most interested. NOT to draw in the Haters or Bashers, NOT to create Drama or Controversy.

Sadly there are a small number of Non-Yamaha riders who seem to HAUNT this little corner of SnoWest.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Christopher created that entire drama with his blind support of Yamaha, end of story.
Oh joy, look who's back spreading happiness everywhere he goes.
Mr. Sunshine himself.

Ya, about the video.
Sorry bud.
NOT a Sham.
NOT a Pack of Lies.
NOT an insult to everyone's intelligence.

The problem with reality is that when YOU disagree with it, it just doesn't care what you think. The truth stands apart from your opinion.

Replicate the exact same conditions, and you will get the exact same results.

Oh, and as for my "Blind Support".
Dream on bud.
Yamaha builds the most reliable, highest quality, longest lasting snowmobiles on the market with the best made engines in the industry.

Lets see, their current scrore card reads.

#1 in Reliability
#1 in Fuel Economy
#1 in Ease of Operation
#1 in Low Emissions
#1 in Low Cost of Operation
#1 in Resale Value

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I would like to be the first to say all 4 brands absolutely suck and the driest snow on the plant IMO is Sierra Cement because the snow never sticks to nut in.........If your still reading this and wondering why doesn't Sierra Cement stick to nut in....I didn't snow in the sierras. :face-icon-small-sho

DPG

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
i think you missed the fact that its in the tunnel that it holds most of the weight. because of the long heat exchanger. i think we can all agree they probably hold the same amount of weight up front. but in the back it doesnt hold as much because it cant melt to the heat exchanger. the picture doesnt do any justice to any of the sled. heck even the cat might hold the most on the front end due to the way its shaped. but i think the etec does. i have all three sleds and love all of them differently IMO the etec doesnt go thru the snow as well as poo or cat. cat is second on going thru snow and poo is the best. but cats quality. could use a ton of help. like a lot.

He knows, he is just being a troll. Too bad we can't vote him off the island..............

Premium Features