• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boss Seat Questions for '08 M8

Y
Dec 14, 2007
I am thinking of ordering a Boss seat for my sled. I did some searching with no luck. Basically right now I carry an SOS shovel/handle, snobunje, and the factory toolkit under the stock seat, and they all easily fit in there. Will a "stock" boss seat fit all that stuff? I know there is the optional shovel pouch that can hold the shovel blade in a separate pouch on the back but my question is, is there enough room in there without it or do I have to get that option? Or put another way, is there as much storage room in a "stock" boss seat as there is under the stock Cat seat? In the midwest I ride in areas where you certainly can make good use of a shovel and saw sometimes, and I do not want to use a backpack to carry it. I do when out west though. At any rate I do not want to get the optional shovel pouch just to put it in a separate area unless I have to just to make it fit.

Thanks

B
Dec 21, 2006
The SOS handle might be a problem but the rest should fit. Get in touch with MBMS on here. They are having a sale on Boss seats and have quite a few in stock(at least last week they did)

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
boss storage

What you want to store might fight in a boss seat, but I can tell you that the stock M seats are a cavern as far as storage, stock boss is a little bity cubby hole. You can remove the bottom cover on the boss seat and enlarge the area quite a bit, but storage is limited at best. That's always been a down side to boss seats, I've owned 5 or 6 in several configurations, all tight limited storage.

Premium Features