• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost pipe removal tips?

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Anyone taken the pipe of yet for any reason? Bumper install, etc? I just got my backwoods BMP bumper, and need to pull the pipe to install. I know I can get it off, but is there a preferred way to deal with the system for maximum ease of removal, and re-installation? The exhaust setup and mid dump/spring amount complicates things slightly,

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Anyone taken the pipe of yet for any reason? Bumper install, etc? I just got my backwoods BMP bumper, and need to pull the pipe to install. I know I can get it off, but is there a preferred way to deal with the system for maximum ease of removal, and re-installation? The exhaust setup and mid dump/spring amount complicates things slightly,
Just remove bypass tube and undo pipe springs. Leave turbo and can alone. Why you have pipe out put a washer under the bottom pipe rubber. This fixes the pipe rubbing on bumper issue.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If you don’t have a GOOD spring removal tool, get one. I spent the $40 or whatever the bikeman one costs, and it was 100% worth it.

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
The bottom spring at the Y-Pipe is a B&*tch! Used a spring puller with open end wrench to push puller around.
Yes on the spacer and I also spaced the clutch side of the bumper out with washer.

Look like it would be hard to remove can.
Maybe someone with a service manual could post some pictures of how to remove can.

Premium Features