• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost Fuel Pump Issues Even After Recall

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
Yes mine just gave me the code today!! Only have 90 miles in it (2nd ride)..I got it back to the shop let sit / called dealer. Took it out again to take pic of code and it ran great/ code never came back….. I had about 20% fuel..going to ride tomorrow and see if problem persists .. idk if related but I also switched my fuel settings to 91-non ethanol today(2nd ride) … came from dealer on 87 setting..

Nater24: what ended up happening with your codes? Did it go away or did you have to take into dealer?

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
Well, I took my sled to dealership today. They plugged it in and there’s problem codes everywhere including cylinder probs/electrical probs/fuel probs. He said they had 2 other boosts come in with other issues as well. Basically it’s so messed up they don’t know what’s wrong with it yet. If you have time to back out of getting a boost do it now. Polaris is a joke. So mad

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well, I took my sled to dealership today. They plugged it in and there’s problem codes everywhere including cylinder probs/electrical probs/fuel probs. He said they had 2 other boosts come in with other issues as well. Basically it’s so messed up they don’t know what’s wrong with it yet. If you have time to back out of getting a boost do it now. Polaris is a joke. So mad
Reflash with relearns on both solenoids……..

Cures a lot of ills.

Any dealer with inexperienced techs or poor wifi connections will send chitty running sleds out the door

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
My new boost was back at dealer after 36 miles. Reflash and relearn everything. I’m not going anywhere without my backup sled. I don’t trust that thing yet.

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
Update: 2023 Poo boost(n)

Polaris told dealership to change fuel pump. Dealership changed fuel pump and tested. Still giving them a low fuel pressure limit code, and still saying machine is overheating even though the cooling system is working properly. I stand by my advice of backing out of the boost while you still can. Unbelievable to pay that much money for a new snowmobile/wait so long for it to show up/have break down within first 100 miles.... (More than one have already came back to the dealership). Now I don't even know when it will be fixed! I am very disappointed with Polaris and don't think I'll ever by another one after this experience. Now, I get to hear about my buddy's riding their skidoo's while I sit and watch the season pass by...you can't put a price on that! Even if the sled does get fixed, I'm not sure I can trust it. Wish I would've bought another skidoo.

J
Nov 25, 2019
Update: 2023 Poo boost(n)

Polaris told dealership to change fuel pump. Dealership changed fuel pump and tested. Still giving them a low fuel pressure limit code, and still saying machine is overheating even though the cooling system is working properly. I stand by my advice of backing out of the boost while you still can. Unbelievable to pay that much money for a new snowmobile/wait so long for it to show up/have break down within first 100 miles.... (More than one have already came back to the dealership). Now I don't even know when it will be fixed! I am very disappointed with Polaris and don't think I'll ever by another one after this experience. Now, I get to hear about my buddy's riding their skidoo's while I sit and watch the season pass by...you can't put a price on that! Even if the sled does get fixed, I'm not sure I can trust it. Wish I would've bought another skidoo.
Would you feel the same if the chain on your skidoo broke?? All sleds are over priced and they all have problems. How does that saying go “ their all the best until they break down, then their the biggest pile of **** “

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
No, I would not feel the same way if I had a ski-doo and the chain broke??!! Because then i could get a new chain and fix the problem!!
I understand things happen, but this is not the case. My dealership sent out 80 ski-doos (on -time!) and only one came back with a problem. They just got their first couple Polaris's (about 2 weeks ago) and several of them are showing back up with problems. So hate to say it bud but polaris is poo.. they're getting lazy, were on top for too long, now ski-doo has been carrying the trophy. Reliability in this industry goes a long way.

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
Add me to the group of people who have had their fuel pump replaced and still having issues.

Yesterday was a wide open all day kind of day. Sled threw the code when it was low on fuel, but it was not on fumes. There was ~1 gallon left. Maybe this is pushing it too far?

I added fuel when I got home and ripped it around. Did not throw the code but I'm now missing about 200-300 RPM.

Just to confirm, the tank is actually 11 gallons right?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Add me to the group of people who have had their fuel pump replaced and still having issues.

Yesterday was a wide open all day kind of day. Sled threw the code when it was low on fuel, but it was not on fumes. There was ~1 gallon left. Maybe this is pushing it too far?

I added fuel when I got home and ripped it around. Did not throw the code but I'm now missing about 200-300 RPM.

Just to confirm, the tank is actually 11 gallons right?
10.9 gallons if you fill it slowly and patiently.

The last gallon and a half takes 1-2 minutes.

Or elevate the front of the sled a foot or so and it goes in nicely.

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
I ran mine down to one gallon left on the first day and had no issues. Correct 11 gallon tank.
It was the second ride that everything went haywire. Still at dealership... buddies out riding and im S*** outa luck. Still dont even know what the problem is/ when it will be fixed.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Would you feel the same if the chain on your skidoo broke?? All sleds are over priced and they all have problems. How does that saying go “ their all the best until they break down, then their the biggest pile of **** “
My old boss always said one goddammit cancels out every addaboy you ever had

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Update on my 2023 Boost and more info.

I took it back up the mountain to do a little more testing. I filled the tank to 50%. On the trail ride up it after a few miles it kicked the Low Fuel Pressure Limit Power code. When it had kicked that code on the prior ride I was running 91 Non Ethanol and the sled was in the Non Ethanol Setting. So, on this ride I ran 91 Ethanol fuel from a station that I know gets tons of traffic. I ran it in the Ethanol Setting first and that's when I got the first Low Fuel Pressure Code (while still on the trail). Turned the sled off for a bit and the code went away. I switched it to the Non Ethanol setting and the code kicked again within less than a mile. Shut the sled off and code went away. Switched it back to the Ethanol setting and it kicked the code again in less than a mile. I carried 2.5 extra gallons of fuel and put that in at that point. The fuel level was registering 70% at that point. Did a few climbs off the trail and ran it hard and the code never came back. Played until I was back to 50% fuel level and started back to the truck. The code came back on and wouldn't go away this time the whole way back down the mountain. Once in the parking lot and on level ground the code went away. Took it back to the dealer. Dealer tested fuel pressure and connections and they said everything tested just fine. They submitted a ticket to polaris and polaris' response is to replace the fuel pump. The problem is that the fuel pump is on back order now until February 21st. Man it's unbelievable that Polaris has put so many of it's customers in this position!!!

Will a new fuel pump even fix the problem at that point. How many more "testing rides" am I gonna have to go on and how much more of the season is going to be wasted on this. I'm not a believer the problem will go away with a new fuel pump.

Any more info from any of you who are going through this issue will be much appreciated!! Sucks to be in this position!!

Last edited:
B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
Man, I feel for ya! As you can see from my previous posts..I have a 2023 boost… the dealership replaced my fuel pump and it DID NOT solve the issue.. they tested everything on my sled, and, just like yours everything checked out.. now, Polaris is telling them to replace the fuel pressure sensor? And wouldn’t you know it! That part is on back order!!!

I am unbelievably mad as I’m sure you are. It is horrible that we have spent are hard earned money on a machine we can only ride a few months out of the year… wait for it to come in over half way through January…..and have it not run right, right out of the box. I feel the season slipping away and there’s nothing I can do about it. Very disappointed in Polaris, as well as their effort to solve this problem.

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Man, I feel for ya! As you can see from my previous posts..I have a 2023 boost… the dealership replaced my fuel pump and it DID NOT solve the issue.. they tested everything on my sled, and, just like yours everything checked out.. now, Polaris is telling them to replace the fuel pressure sensor? And wouldn’t you know it! That part is on back order!!!

I am unbelievably mad as I’m sure you are. It is horrible that we have spent are hard earned money on a machine we can only ride a few months out of the year… wait for it to come in over half way through January…..and have it not run right, right out of the box. I feel the season slipping away and there’s nothing I can do about it. Very disappointed in Polaris, as well as their effort to solve this problem.
From the time the Dealers ordered the new fuel pump from Polaris to the time they had it how much time did it take? Looks like you had taken it in to the dealers last week and within less than a week they had a new fuel pump? When your dealer requested the Fuel Pump from polaris was it also showing on back order? When you say the new pump DID NOT solve the issue.... after they installed the new fuel pump did you take the sled up on the mountain and ride it and were getting the Low Fuel Pressure Code? The reason I ask is because I can't get the Low Fuel Pressure code to come on unless I'm up in the mountain under load. Your dealer is telling you everything checks out so you've taken the sled with the new fuel pump back up for testing?

B
Jan 24, 2023
Colorado
My dealership had a fuel pump in stock so they were able to replace immediately. The dealership has been testing my sled. I haven’t seen it since I dropped it off. I thought the same thing about them getting the code to come up but they have the ability to check/see if sled is still throwing that code. The dealership has been great throughout this horrible process. Polaris has been miserable to work with.
Good luck, I’ll keep you updated if this piece of S*** ever gets fixed?

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
My dealership had a fuel pump in stock so they were able to replace immediately. The dealership has been testing my sled. I haven’t seen it since I dropped it off. I thought the same thing about them getting the code to come up but they have the ability to check/see if sled is still throwing that code. The dealership has been great throughout this horrible process. Polaris has been miserable to work with.
Good luck, I’ll keep you updated if this piece of S*** ever gets fixed?
Ok got it. Yeah I'll keep my updates coming as I get them.

Premium Features