• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog Due to to Electrical Ground?? 06 M7

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Anybody ever experience a severe low end bog due to a bad electrical ground? I'm at my witts end with this 1!!! This last ride I kept getting a bad and I mean bad low end bog the whole day that ruined my ride. The only thing I can think of is maybe a bad ground on my pure logic box or digitron. If I could get the sled to rev out it would seem to hold on with no bog except on any steep and deep when it would start to back shift the bog would hit hard and I would almost lose it on the hill. I would almost go over the bars. Ive taken the clutches apart and all is good and clean. Same setup Ive had for 2 seasons so far and nothing is broken. I changed the reeds and they're good. Any ideas fellas.............

L
Mar 18, 2009
The Great State of AK
Hey, I have a M1000 with a Boondocker and had the same problem. It turned out to be the TPS( Throttle Position Sensor ) wire to the Boondocker had been rubbing the fuel rail for the injectors and gone through the insulation to the copper. It would idle just fine, but some times it would rev fine and others it would bog right off idle and YES I went over and to the side of bars several times. It was so bad it would stall the engine, but would restart first pull every time. BGREEN776 had wires in the factory harness become damaged by the tie wraps holding it in place.

The M1000 engine shakes like a Harley at an idle, that is what I attribute my faulty wire to. After I fixed it, it has run with out any problems.

I found the fault by using the Boondocker's STAT screen and the Capture mode to display the TPS Sig. At an idle it reads 33 and at WOT it reads 198. When it was dorking off it would read 01.

Hope this helps.
Log.

lucasMX358

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
Dickinson, ND
I just bought a 06 M7 this past season, from a dealer, they said it was bogging bad, so when i looked at it i could not take it, they had a tech look at it and ended up putting a Voltage regulator in it. I never had a problem. just an option.

L
Nov 28, 2007
Washougal Wa
I have 05 T7 have had a couple issues similar to what you describe. The bog you say you have is usually a lean condition, and in my case first time was caused by ground wire coming loose. Could see the lean happen because when the wire would rattle loose fuel pressure would drop on gauge. The second time I could see that my fuel pressure was off but took a lot of searching to find that my hand warmer wire had shorted. In other words the electrical system can have a short somewhere that will affect the fuel pump on the same circuit. So check the voltage going to the fuel pump. Should be over 9 volts at idle and increase as you increase RPMs.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Thanks fellas will check into these couple of things. Always have run 92 octane and the machine luvs it. My thoughts are along thelines of a short somewheres and the fuel pump cuts out because of it causing it to bog until WOT then theres juice flowin and everthing is fine..............

Premium Features