• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Billet head

S
Aug 17, 2009
Palmer, AK
With the new update to the d8 they are fixing the heads but would it still be better for me to upgrade to a billet head? And since I generally ride betwee 1500 to 3500ft would I be better with low altitude or mid altitude heads?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
With the new update to the d8 they are fixing the heads but would it still be better for me to upgrade to a billet head? And since I generally ride betwee 1500 to 3500ft would I be better with low altitude or mid altitude heads?

The "replacement" head may be higher/lower compression??/ And I'm guessing lower compression.

the Sean M. Ray head mod (seanmray@yahoo.com) with the "Top Hat" LOWER compression head mod actually/surprisingly made MORE horsepower, even in the mid-range on the 2009 800 that DYNOTECH Jim dynoed in early Spring 2009.

www.dynotechresearch.com or e-mail Jim: info@dynotechresearch.com
or call Jim @ (585) 993-2777

Hope this helps.:cool:

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
cylinder head design is more than just compression. different head desigh can create more swirl or movement in the cylinder and in turn make more power. at least thats how it is on 4 strokes, im sure 2 stokes are the same.

Premium Features