• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best place to pickup power for EGTs on 09 M8?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I thought I read that finding 12 volt DC was a bit of a trick on these fuel injected sleds with no battery.

My recollection is that the backup alarm power wire was the best spot to try to get 12 volts for accessories.

Is this true or is there an easier avenue?

B
Dec 21, 2006
The EGT's don't take as much power as the A/F guages. You should be able to tie into the accessory plug(at least with the Koso's). There new packaging will say AC/DC.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Correct - and A/C makes a short "Y" type plug that will plug in at steering post to run up to two accesories off of it. I used that , put the correct matching plug on the KOSO gauges and plugged right in- real clean.

The EGT's don't take as much power as the A/F guages. You should be able to tie into the accessory plug(at least with the Koso's). There new packaging will say AC/DC.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
TNTCOP - do you have a part number for this:

A/C makes a short "Y" type plug that will plug in at steering post to run up to two accesories off of it. I used that , put the correct matching plug on the KOSO gauges and plugged right in- real clean.

Thanks

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
MBMS is where I got mine from - he's on the ball!

I then got the right connector to marry up to that from AutoZone and put that on the KOSO gauge end and simply plugged it in.

TNTCOP - do you have a part number for this:

A/C makes a short "Y" type plug that will plug in at steering post to run up to two accesories off of it. I used that , put the correct matching plug on the KOSO gauges and plugged right in- real clean.

Thanks

C

chip13

Nov 23, 2008
Minneapolis
EGT install

I installed the Koso dual EGT kit and it is really slick. To find the wire to your fuel pump, pull the plate off your bulkhead in front of the steering shaft. The fuel pump is in the gas tank. Look for the wire going through the bulkhead (there is only one). Very easy to tap into.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I installed the Koso dual EGT kit and it is really slick. To find the wire to your fuel pump, pull the plate off your bulkhead in front of the steering shaft. The fuel pump is in the gas tank. Look for the wire going through the bulkhead (there is only one). Very easy to tap into.

This is where my A/F gauge gets power from.

Premium Features