• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best light weight M front and rear suspension?

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
I have Fastlane A-arms on my M8. The quality of the welding is off the chart and they fit perfect. Around 3.5 Pounds lighter than stock.

Jason

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Not timbersled, unless you don't leave the ground. If you're a stick to the ground kind of rider, they're very plush & light, but not at all durable.

This is not just my opinion, EVERYONE who I know that has run timbersled has bent the piss out of it.

HOLZ makes a very nice skid and there's no comparison in durability.

Heard very good things about Kmod but never run one myself (never heard anything negative about them).

T
Nov 27, 2007
Blackfoot Idaho
Not timbersled, unless you don't leave the ground. If you're a stick to the ground kind of rider, they're very plush & light, but not at all durable.

This is not just my opinion, EVERYONE who I know that has run timbersled has bent the piss out of it.QUOTE]

Thats what i was worried about with those. Dont look to be much holding things together. I like the looks of the amp billet ones. Wish they made matching spindales.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
oh btw, BDX just came out with a arms & rear suspension arms, they look like high quality stuff, the welds are beautiful!

also, I'm not saying the t-sled stuff is complete junk, just not for the more air oriented rider. (105 lb wife bent her bad)

Fastlane & holz also make good a arms. I have holz & like them, 1 inch wider than stock (let me keep longer shocks, 40 in arms & I'd have to switch to shorter)

Given the choice I'd get the bdx arms & skid pieces, 12 lbs off & you keep stock strength in the skid. The nickel finish looks badass too.

E
Sep 5, 2008
Canada
Several of us run the Timbersled Rear suspension and nobody has bent it yet. I love the ride, climbs way better. No more rear end sag.
The new Cat front end is pretty much as good as it gets. Cat now uses aluminum bushings like all the aftermarket companies. Thats where alot of the weight saved. But not no more. You can still save a few pounds with a arms, but in my opinion its not worth it.
Eddie:beer;

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If I can get to the shop before they close after work I'll snap a few pics of the bdx stuff, it's pretty.

MIKE, When are you gonna get them up on the site?!?! I would have bought bdx instead of holz if you'd picked up the pace on these!!:D

btw, if I recall bushings only took off 1/2 or 3/4 lb.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Genesee, ID
Kmod rear & Zbroz front on M1200

I removed my 08 skid and installed my 05 m7 with the Kmod coil over, seems to get up on the snow better and doesn't trench as bad. Only draw back is I gained about a few pounds. For the front I put on the 40" wide Zbroz with plastic bushings instead of alluminum and it works great but again didn't save any weight but is as tough as it gets and rides great.

M

M-niner

Nov 27, 2007
Black Hills, SD
I have had great luck with a T-Sled front end on my 06 M. Love the sharper turning radius, made my 162 handle like a whole different sled in the tight trees. I definately don't baby my sled and haven't bent anything yet, but if I was gonna bend something, I sure would like it to be an A-arm rather than a bulk head. Thinking about going with a Mtn Tamer rear next year but still on the fence. As it was said earlier, the new M front ends are tough to beat.

F

fraidey cat

Meister

I am glad to finally see someone who - instead of bragging up something weak and light..went to something that works and doesn't break down..Im going the same direction with my 08 m1000..adding weight where it needs to be and losing where it
doesnt matter.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I still don't see how you can justify 1000 dollars for 10lbs of weight loss. Quit eating so much and you will save money for next season and lose more than 10 lbs.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Blackfoot Idaho
It has always seemed like it costs about a $100 a pound to drop weight. So with that said bdx isnt to far off on there price. The timber sled rear looks like it would be sweet. Not sold on the a-arms and spindles, look pretty thin.

M
Dec 6, 2008
Fastlanes a-arms are very strong the only downside is that snow and ice can build up on the x. Mine have worked great so far with some pretty hard hits. Great customer service, they were a little behind on the orders when I needed mine and upgraded the shipping so I only got them a few days late.

Premium Features