• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Intake for 05 RMK 900?????

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Fire N Ice Gear (FNI)... Paul Hurley, owner (great guy to deal with)

http://firenice.us/catalog/

Fireniceairbox.jpg

You will need to have the original "Boost box" air plenum for the 900 (if you have an SLP currently, you will need to buy one of these as the stock one was cut up to install the SLP box.

Boost-Box
boostbox.jpg

Make sure you still have this cover plate under the headlight ($35 if you need to buy it from your dealer)
Insidehood.jpg

==============================================================================================================
FNI Intake with belt guard
INTAKE.jpg

FNI combo intakes for the console (mandatory)
combosideintake.jpg

FNI2.jpg

FNI Windshield intake, recommended
FNI7.jpg

FNI9.jpg

FNI Side Panel, shock tower and winshield vents shown in this pic, nice stuff
DSC01481.jpg

FNI Hood Vents
hoodvents.jpg

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I've had F&I stuff for 2 years now and would not buy from another company if I could help it.

Maybe the reason Paul makes such great stuff is that he just does Fire 'n Ice for fun basically. I know last year his profits were only enough to cover his riding expences.

Oh for mountainhorse and anyone else with an 800 polaris:

Remember that turbo from sledheads last fall that had the intake tube from the hood?
Well Paul helped design those and said he shold be selling the kits next year! They are as simple and as easy as it gets, almost a bolt on kit. Simple install!

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Coupon for a Farmer Intake

Man 250 for just the air box... does anyone have a coupon?

Here's a coupon for a Farmer intake:D

With a little trimming and Silicone use the Stock air box as a clutch cover, 3.5" Duct into Stock Boost Box, K&N Filter/dry pre filter.....

20 min's and $80 The best air box out there with vented side pannels and hood for under $100:face-icon-small-coo

When you stop and put your hand down into the engine compartment the heat is all on the other side of the Stock Air box... It acts as a HUGE Heat Shield......And removes Belt Heat.....

:face-icon-small-win:beer;

Last edited:
R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
B.H.,Bogies,Brake/throttle n grips and rails are stock.... Pipe/Can is SLP everything else has been replaced even if it was back to original to what ever degree... LOL

The air intake really works well!!!!

:beer;

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Mountainhorse, do you happen to have the part number for the stock air plenum or boost box to be able to run the firenice box if you already have an SLP or other aftermarket box??

i have the same as a timberland setup except i made my own plate outta alum and used a KICKASS filter and sock cuz k&n wasnt in stock. love it so far and cost me $40. had the alum already. also put foil tape on the pipe side of the bracket to help keep heat away.

Premium Features