• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best fix for 04 rmk 800 ves Crank

G
Nov 24, 2008
Blew the crank in my vertical edge this past weekend pto crank pin broke. what is the best fix stock or wide bearing on the crank shaft and anything else that should be considered in order to get the longest life possible out of the crank shaft.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Which bearing is a great debate and I will stay out of that. More important is to send your cases to a good shop to have them decked and line bored to get the correct clearances for the bearing. If you just put a new crank in your old cases, you will most likely take out another very soon. I made that mistake once and it only lasted one day!!!! My boy just broke a crans this past weekend as well in his 700ves. Sent the cases out today.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
The best fix is an Indy Dan TorqueMaster bottom end, but they aren't cheap (around $2k IIRC). There are more affordable options (SLP tough boy bearing mod, 1200psi does the same thing) but the success with those is hit/miss. As theultrarider said, making sure the cases are addressed is very important.

Premium Features