• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt drive on 1m

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Im wondering if anybody else has done this to a 1m and did they really notice that much more. What are the best on to us out of them all, C3, cmw

For what you would spend on a belt drive... you could upgrade to an M sled at least. Not putting down the 1M chassis or saying not to ride one, but to do a high end pricey mod like that, I'd think your money could be better spent.

Not meant as some kind of insult at all, just my take on doing that.

horn813

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LaPorte, MN
Going to a M series sled isn't necessarily an upgrade. I've rode the 08 and 09 M sleds and my 1M with the forward mount post handled much better. Yes, the body is a little wider(and the belly pans definitely drag more when sidehilling), but how my sled feels (as far as ergos) is better than the stock sleds I rode. Not to mention I like the feel of how the chaincase equipped sleds engage compared to the Diamond Drive. As far as power, there's probably not a better performing, more reliable motor than the 900's.......

Premium Features