• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Deflection 03 pro x 600?

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
Arctic cat guy here, just got a 03 pro x for a steal of a deal, and am wondering how to adjust the belt deflection? The sled has 246 miles, and the belt is hitting the clutch guard and has left it black. It also has black marks on the belly pan. I can touch the belt together with a simple squeeze of the hand. hmmm, on my hcr you just add or remove shims on secondary bolt. Any help would be great. Tim

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Belt Deflection

On the Team clutch you use a 7/16" box wrench and an allen wrench to loosen the stud that sets the spacing between the sheaves. It's on the side toward the belly pan.

On the Polaris cltuch there are three bolts holding a brass colored collar. You loosen the three bolts and rotate it in one direction or the other to adjust the spacing between the sheaves.

If you have a Polaris dealer nearby they should let you review a service manual with the instructions.

I think the deflection is supposed to be 1-1/4" with a straightedge across the top of the belt as it sits on the clutches.

Premium Features