• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bd box mag inj err

M

mocflats

Jan 21, 2009
I've got an 07 m1000 and am getting an mag inj err on bd box any suggestions

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I've got an 07 m1000 and am getting an mag inj err on bd box any suggestions

if the code clears when you press a button it's fine. If you have a program that starts with a 4 it is just too sensitive. You can send it back and have it reflashed with the new program. As long as it's running fine I wouldn't worry about it, mine has been doing it off and on all season but I'm not sending a box off in the middle of the season unless I absolutely have to.

M

mocflats

Jan 21, 2009
what do you mean when you say if I have a program that starts with a 4 and yes I could press a button and it will go away but sled seems to run fine just new to the bd boxes and don't want to melt down my engine

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Check your wires by the injectors, one way have rubbed through and it is shorting out. That is what happened to mine and I was getting an error as well.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
what do you mean when you say if I have a program that starts with a 4 and yes I could press a button and it will go away but sled seems to run fine just new to the bd boxes and don't want to melt down my engine

When you first start your sled the box should show a screen that tells you what the box and what version of the program is in it. It will say something like 4J405 or something like like that. The Box should say, Arctic Cat 1000 then directly under that it will have the program code. If the first number in the code on the start up screen is a 4 then the box needs to be updated. You may have to cycle the box on and off several times to get the start up screen to appear, it won't show as long as the mag injector error is in there yo you just have to keep trying until it starts and doesn't get the error. If your error clears when you press a button then nothing is wrong, if you had a real mag side injector error the code wouldn't clear. If it's running fine and the code goes away, you're good to go and it's safe. You'll know if the mag side injector isn't working, it won't run fine. Do check your ground and connections but it's most likely the program in the box. Boondocker will update it for free if it has a 4 series program in it.

M

mocflats

Jan 21, 2009
yeah I just bought the sled about a week ago it ran fine all weekend and just noticed that it had a mag inj err on sunday but know I am starting to think that it is a wiring problem was also told that bd connections are not water proof to get some dielectric grease and grease connections moisture can cause errors

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
I have had the same thing happen twice, burnt that wire and it was shorting out on the pipe

Premium Features