• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bad 32115 Belts?

D
Mar 10, 2008
Everett
my brother and I both have 08 700 dragon.Ran the original belts for about 1000 no problems. Changed to new belt, have now gone through 4 belts that only made it about 20 miles before they start to fray. Bought belts from a different dealer, problem went away.

Anyone else getting any bad belts? Going to take the bad ones back to dealer to see what they will do. If nothing done they aer going to be out 2 customers.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
Wow:eek:, 4 belts at a tune of a 180.00 I can understand your anger. You definitely can't rule out faulty material, I have heard of belts coming from the factory defective but not in the 115 belt. My friend had a simular problem last year on his 900 and after 2 of them blowing apart the dealer wouldn't warranty them anymore so he switched and started running the same Gates Extreme belt as I was running without a single problem and they are a 1/3 of the price. Hope you get warranty out of them.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
my brother and I both have 08 700 dragon.Ran the original belts for about 1000 no problems. Changed to new belt, have now gone through 4 belts that only made it about 20 miles before they start to fray. Bought belts from a different dealer, problem went away.

Anyone else getting any bad belts? Going to take the bad ones back to dealer to see what they will do. If nothing done they aer going to be out 2 customers.

So you and your budy would sell the sleds and switch brands because of a belt. Bet you don't!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The Mitsuboshi belt, PN 3211115, is built to survive a nuclear attack.

They hold up on 900's very well... and those things ate 3211080 belts like tic-tac's in some cases.

Sounds like you have clutch setup problems... hard to belive a bad "batch" of 115 belts but anything is possible.

Did you check the side clearance on the primary? Did you set the offset? Did you break the belt in for 50 miles as recommended in your owners manual? Did you wash the belts before installing? Did you clean the clutches? Have the clutches been checked for alignment?

Read the owners manual for setup instructions... Ron posted a great write-up on setting up the clutches.

Premium Features