• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Exhaust Valve Question

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
How do I know if my exhaust valves are opening up all the way? At approximately 1,100 miles my 2017 Axys decided it would not spin any faster than 7,900 RPM's. It doesn't matter if I run 10-62's, 10-60's, or 10-58's. At 6,500' it spins 7,900 R's and at 10,000' it turns 7,900 R's. It used to give me 8,400 r's on the trail and settle in around 8050 on the mountain at 10,000'. It acts as if the exhaust valve cable stretched and will not let the valves fully open.
The servo is working, no codes, just lacking RPM's. If the cable stretched .010" for example, would the servo still pull the valves fully out of the exhaust port or would they be in the port .010" and not let the engine run to it's potential?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I found today that they are not adjustable, simple locknuts on both ends. The servo is giving it a full pull you might say. Compression is good, reeds are good, crank is not out of phase, primary is recently rebuilt, new primary spring, new secondary spring, fresh plugs, exhaust valves move freely, no codes, fresh belt set at perfect deflection. The mystery continues "Where did 500 RPM's go"? Have there been any issues with fuel pumps and or fuel pressure? I'm grasping for straws now. Dealers are no help, they say all is well, although my 800 now performs more like a 600.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I might have to find someone that can perform a fuel pressure check, I don't have the tools or knowhow. Closest dealer is a long ways from here, Polaris ran our local dealer off with tremendous inventory requirements. Pissed off, YES!!!! I had a friend drive my sled halfway across the country to a dealer who didn't check TPS or fuel pressure. I was charged $200.00 to check out my sled, found nothing wrong, then had my friends son return my sled from halfway across the country that still won't run right. I thought if my sled wouldn't run worth a damn, warranty might come into play, wrong, wrong, wrong. What was I thinking!!!

Premium Features