• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat riser blocks any good?

C
I was wondering the riser blocks that come from ac are they any good
they are aluminum and I can get them in 1 2 or 3 inch size so I was also wondering what is the biggest riser I can get without having to
change any thing like cables or brake line thanks
the sled is a 06 M7

Last edited:
S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
I have a 2" Cat riser on my '05 M7. I really noticed the difference. Works great.

I have heard that 3" is the max you can go without extending cables. With my 2" things were starting to get tight I had to zip tie the hand warmer cables together so they wouldn't pull apart. But I didn't re route the cables, I have heard that this will free up some extra slack.

C

chip13

Nov 23, 2008
Minneapolis
Risers

Check out After Market Products (AMP) for the trickest billet risers. I installed their 3" riser block on my 07 M8 and had plenty of cable length with the stock cables.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
a bar riser is a bar riser my friends.....watch the swapmeet and ebay...you will usually find a couple of them in either place.

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
08 M1000. I'm currently running five inches of rise with stock cables, wiring, and brake line. I just rotated the banjo fitting on the master cylinder and re-routed the throttle cable to the MAG side of the engine. I'm going to 6" of rise soon and am 100% confident it will work just fine as most people that go that tall start to rotate their bars forward a bit. Just make sure you do whats necessary to prevent wire chafing and work hardening. (Hot glue works great for chafing, and helps with work hardening too if used creatively)

Premium Features