• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat m1 900 Clutch Problem?????

F
Sep 1, 2008
I have had issues with my arctic cat 900 2004. The best way to describe it is that when you give it a lot of throttle or it trys to torque up it sounds like ice cubes in a blender coming from the engine area. I took it in to a dealership and they replaced both clutches which were worn and they said that that was the problem and that it was ready to go for another 2000 miles. Well I took it out today and it was even worse than before and it would sometimes would not even move the track. Any body experienced anything like this before have any info would be appreciated.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Better check your chain case !! Sounds like something in there broke. Or your bearing that is on the drive shaft under your secondary clutch has gone bad, they dont last long with out fresh grease every 3-4 rides. They make bad sounds when they go bad.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
is your speedo still working? if not, check the drive shaft berring on the clutch side (under and behind the secondary). may be toasted and letting your track ratchet

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Like the guys said chain or bearings. That must be quite a dealer you have, I'll bet he hand stuck out real far to get your money too.

Premium Features