• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone use TimberSled side vents???

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
I just bought an M8 and I am gonna go with the TimberSled vents. They seem to be pretty nice and durable. Anyone using them???

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
I like them but....

Depending on how and where you put your holes, you could have snow getting into your clutch compartment. I called timbersled about it and they told me that i didn't put the holes up high enough. But i couldn't really get them much higher. So i took a piece of fine window screen and put that between the vent and the side panel. So far that has worked great!! Other than that i really like the simple look of the vents.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
their junk, lay the sled on its side and u actually have to stop and dig out the clutches. JUNK

If you haven't already bought some new one's try the window screen. It's cheap if you can find a place to buy it off the roll. Since i put that in there i haven't had any trouble with snow in my clutches.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Get the 2 cool vents, they are kinda spendy, but they are a durable material, and you can get prefilter on both sides when requested( the clutch side always has prefilter) so no snow gets in. They are also made out of a metal frame, and the outside mesh is a tough plastic.

Premium Features