• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone tried Poo hand warmers on your Cat???

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
I just put RSI grips on my 08 M8 and they are much hotter than the stock crap. RSI has heater elements designed to wrap around the hooks. Just rode this weekend in -15 temps with -40 windchill (standing still) and my hands were nice and warm.

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Look at the design of the poo grips and see if they are made for the hooks. I have heard good things about the poo grips too.

S
Mar 5, 2005
Boise, Id
I have Polaris warmers on a couple sled AC's. All I had to do is take the pigtail from the original AC warmers and solder and heat shrink to the Polaris warmers too lengthen them. Resistance readings are quite comparable, and warmers seem much warmer. I did this because I seem to have many Polaris hand warmer elements laying around and the price is right. A good multimeter will show you if this will work for your application. I have done a MC and a TC like this. Good luck....:beer;

B
Dec 21, 2006
They dont cover the h/bar hooks. The RSI ones are about 50% hotter than stock. 30 watts as opposed to 18 watts(I think). I think the RSI ones are less than the Poo ones also.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
jebus! how much are the cat ones or the RSI ones if they are cheaper i'd stick with them. i know when i was riding my old RMK the poo dealor wanted like $30 bucks a piece for warmers, which i always thought was rediculous. this was for a '99

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
B.S. on the foam in the bars. I tried that last year on 2 sleds & could barely feel the difference. Wish I would have bought some decent warmers last season like I'm going to do now. :beer;

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
RSI Grips are close to half the price of Poo grips and they are WAAAAAY hotter, I VERY rarely put them on high, and when they went on high it was for short periods of time because those babies really cook, and they also heat up allot faster.

I recommend you put liquid electrical tape on the contacts (where the wires are soldered on) and then maybe a some regular electrical tape on top of that after it dries. I didn't do this on my sled and when snow/water got in there it started to short out.

Premium Features