• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone make a taller seat for the dragons?

P
Mar 5, 2009
I have a '09 800 dragon. I need a higher seat! The stock seat feels low, and I think a seat 2-3" higher and angled better so that it moves me a little more forward would be perfect for transitioning from sit down to stand up positions. I saw someone on here that put, what looks like a YZ style seat on their sled. I was thinking of just making some aluminum blocks that just raise the seat up at the base if I cannot find any alternatives. Thanks guys!

S
Dec 25, 2007
Seattle
boss seats are the best known brand, but there are others that are starting to make seats now that they see boss making 500 bucks a seat..i think mountain mod or something like that

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Boss nor anyone else makes a replacement seat for a Raw chassis sled...

There are people that mod the stock seat and base...but nothig off the shelf.

I'd call up Curt at FasTrax motorsports and ask him if they can make yours taller with their cool seat cover kit and taller foam... Worth a try.
www.ftxmotorsports.com
Telephone: 253-848-0908.

Blocks won't work with a stock seat... your weight is distrubuted over the base of the seat on the gas tank.. the base is not designed to support the rider by itself... seat/tank/rear support are designed as a unit.

Skinz Protective Gear (SPG) is working on lightweight seats this coming off-season... Keep your eyes peeled for them and others...

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
What did you do when the seats were from an old wedge style, edge style etc? Even with a boss seat on them the dragon stock set up is much higher. Hard to see you need an even taller one. But each to their own.

I have seen good mods from upholstery shops that add foam and put a different fabric on them. Could be a route to try.

Premium Features