• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone Flipped their track on an M8??

Read some stuff about flipping your track. Obviously would climb and suck going down hill wich can be a little hairy some times with the track on normal.

Anyone done it? Pro's/Cons? Damage the track?

PS: On real steep downhill the best brake is reverse, I guess it doesn't work on 09 m but kicks but on my 08!!

Last edited:
I guess you have the attack 20?

Mines' flipped, and it climbs great. Depending on the snow conditions downhill can be a little puckering. I have had to drag a foot a couple of times.

Mine has screws in the splines to give it support. Seems to work, but I keep seeing more damage as I ride.

One thing that I am not happy with is that the attack 20 is somewhat delicate, in that it seems to break and tear a lot easier than other tracks.

I don't know about the heat thing, I bought mine this way. I'd say flip it and ride it until it's thrashed, then get a camoplast, or a catclaw. You'll like the way it climbs.

07 m8

had to flip my track several times as the lugs were taking a set, forwards backward, not as much improvement as one would think, mainly hucks snow in the air when on backwards, the downhill braking is not that much affected, just way to soft a track for really effective climbing or braking, not sure just what that stock track would be good for.

I am guessing you have one of the softer challenger tracks where the paddles take a set and bend over almost like the attack 20. I had one of these tracks on my M6 & M7, I hated it. It just wouldn't hook up.

I flipped the track and I have loved it ever since. I havn't noticed that I trench more It just hooks up way better. Braking is still good. Makes the sled feel like I have more mid range power.

Premium Features

Back