• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else disapointed with the powderclaw

B
Jan 20, 2009
Kinda starting to learn how to ride/throw my 09 m8 around and I must say not that i'm trying climbs and such the track is amazing, blew past an 07 m8 today like nothin and even my friends with a 2.5 extreme commented on how well it hooks

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I was kind of undecided until last weekend. But I love it now. It floats like a A20 and hooks up tons better then the stock camoplast on my 08. It felt a lot better coming down the hills then last year. I'm sold!!!!:D

J
Jan 1, 2008
Eastern Or.
Got mine on last friday and took it out. Sat we rode in some springish snow and I was not really that impressed over my stock challenger, rode sunday in some deeper newer snow and was impressed. I can pull more track speed and it doesn't seem to trench as bad. Don't know how much it has to do with anything but I broke my rear shock on the ride sat. and my track was retcheting, (that is when I found the broke shock). Don't know if that would effect the way the track worked or not. All in all my sled just bucks me off higher up the hill, or I come screaming down the hill like a fat kid wanting some candy. I like it alot!

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Is it possible some pctracks come in a different durometer ? My buddy owns both and we say the Camo Extreme kicks the powder claw everywhere .

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Is it possible some pctracks come in a different durometer ? My buddy owns both and we say the Camo Extreme kicks the powder claw everywhere .

Actually the HCR 153 P-claw has a higher durometer rubber compound than the 1000 162's. Apparently they will be coming out with the same durometer in the 162. Will wait and see might just have to get that............

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
harder durometer

yes, the m8 HCR has a harder durometrer powerclaw track than the regular M8s do. I am going to put a powerclaw on my 09 crossfire 800, i hope i like it.

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Really like the Power Claw and the time I have spent on mine. IMO much better than the stock challenger that came on my 2007 M1000. Looks like its overwhelming in favor of this track.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Powerclaw is improvement over stock track, but downhill braking is quite a ride in setup snow. Have used both as well as have 2.5 extreme on currently and won't trade it for either. Braking is great and uphill traction is excellent and very little trenching. Best all around track for BC conditions JMHO.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
What he said

Powerclaw is improvement over stock track, but downhill braking is quite a ride in setup snow. Have used both as well as have 2.5 extreme on currently and won't trade it for either. Braking is great and uphill traction is excellent and very little trenching. Best all around track for BC conditions JMHO.

The 2.5 Extreme is a much better all around track for B.C. snow - and I'll gladly trade a 162" powerclaw with very low miles (in new condition), for a 162 x 2.5" Extreme challenger. PM me if you're in Alberta.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
2.5" Extreme Love it

Love my 2.5" extreme - but rubs going down hill. Been sick and haven't had a chance to check out. Can someone tell me whats the track rubbing on before I go out to my trailer. Thanks ahead of time

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Love my 2.5" extreme - but rubs going down hill. Been sick and haven't had a chance to check out. Can someone tell me whats the track rubbing on before I go out to my trailer. Thanks ahead of time

Probably rubbing on yer diamond drive, what machine r u running? Then inside nubbs have to bew trimmed off before install for all these newer m's because of the back of Diamond drive sticking out into the inner track...........

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Did you also clip the tips off the outer lugs? About 1/2" is all you need with some tin snips. They'll flap away on the cooling lines.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Did you also clip the tips off the outer lugs? About 1/2" is all you need with some tin snips. They'll flap away on the cooling lines.

Been running the 2.5 extreme in 174" for 3 seasons now and haven't had that problem. Are the newer sleds different with cooling lines???

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Another vote for the 2.5 Camo Extreme. I think a lot of people are confusing the stock AC challenger for the Extreme. I ran the pclaw at the begining of the season. It was not as good as my 2.25 Extreme in the deep stuff. Pulled it and went to the 2.5 and rode the next day. The extreme, on the same hills, same snow, out performed the Pclaw.

Individual results may vary, but that was my experience.

--Chris

B
Dec 21, 2006
I was up in the air between getting the 2.5 Extreme and the PowerClaw. I just couldn't stomach the 8lbs difference in the 162" length. I replaced the stock A/C challenger with the Powerclaw and all I can say is wow. The downhill is something to get used to though(and yes I do pump the brakes). I think that the next belt that I go through will be made into a set of ski brakes.

Premium Features