• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else disapointed with the powderclaw

any one else disapointed with the p-claw in spring time conditions, rode last weekend and couldn't help but think i was on my attack 20. spun going up hill slip and slide going down.... my buddies stock cat challenger was even safer coming down. any one wanna trade straight across for a low mile 162 maverick or extreme 2.5....

C
Feb 1, 2008
any one else disapointed with the p-claw in spring time conditions, rode last weekend and couldn't help but think i was on my attack 20. spun going up hill slip and slide going down.... my buddies stock cat challenger was even safer coming down. any one wanna trade straight across for a low mile 162 maverick or extreme 2.5....

Have the original 162" track off an 08 M1000 Sno Pro. 50 miles on the track when swapped out and like new. Would not know the difference between this one and a new one out of a box. Will be glad to trade straight across.:beer;

T
Nov 27, 2007
Blackfoot Idaho
Put mine on last week and rode two days on it and couldnt be happier. No issues with down hills. We were in almost all snow conditions and hooks up hard no matter what you throw at it. I have the stock challenger if you want one of them pm me.

C

cobaltpilot

Nov 26, 2007
BC
My 90 duro pclaw on my HCR was pretty greasy going downhill today. The 80 Duro pclaw on my M8T was good.

West coast wet snow today.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I'm pretty disapointed with my Claw. When the snow is deep none of my friends can follow me up the hills, so I'm all alone.:( With the conditions we have now in washington my friends still have a hard time trying to follow me up through the trees, again by myself.:( Down hill we all seem to be about the same. On the hard stuff the ski-doos (my friends) might be a little better.

I really can't complain about the Claw. Other than the above statments are true.

B

Bounty Hunter

Nov 27, 2007
colorado/ Glenwood Springs
claw track

I noticed coming down steep hill is harder to control, but everything else is great . Boondocking, climbing is awe sum. I put one on my m1000 and see big difference. You might want look before you sell.

M
try the 2.5

i have the extream 2.5 and its amazing i will never go back to the P claw but it has alot to do with the rider and snow,i found that the hard 2.5 is a better track for all around, dont belive the hype put same sleads on same hill and realy see for your self

Yamaha24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
I'm pretty disapointed with my Claw. When the snow is deep none of my friends can follow me up the hills, so I'm all alone.:( With the conditions we have now in washington my friends still have a hard time trying to follow me up through the trees, again by myself.:( Down hill we all seem to be about the same. On the hard stuff the ski-doos (my friends) might be a little better.

I really can't complain about the Claw. Other than the above statments are
true.

what he said made everybody turn green that i ride with!! oh well!Love the Track!

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
i bought a 09 m1000 and modded it every which way possible, 220 horse all light weight, and i love the track, its only a 153 and im goin places 162s cant even come close, but i also have the hp, i liked the track so much i put one on my T-M7. this track kicks *** in the steep and deep and i found it to work awesome coming down the hills, keep in mind you need to tap your brake not hold it so you clean out the paddles coming down a hill.

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
not disappointed!!

rode the power claw in the spring last year! grabbed the setup spring snow well, I have always like the A20 in the deep snow, but the new claw is so much better! no matter the snow conditions it just grabs, it is though slippery coming down hill if you lock up your brake! I love the PC in the deep snow on the side hills, it grabs, I am very impressed with the changes cat made this year! They have surprised alot of blue and yellow boys!

J
Dec 8, 2007
North Powder, OR
So far I like mine pretty well, but it is a little scary at times coming downhill. Just kinda have to make sure you've got a good clear line coming down off of something. Had a few instances last weekend where I turned at the wrong spot on a climb and came back down through some trees....got a little hairy. My 04 ski-doo with stock 151x16 came down hills slower, but trenched more going up.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
no complaints here except downhills a bit slick like mentioned, but dont think its much worse than the stocker.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
Isn't every track that way? Shouldn't you be pumping your brake going downhill so the track doesn't just pack with snow anyways?

Pumping the brake helps.
Chitting, Pizzing, Crying and Screaming like a school girl doesn't help.
I still do all of the above for good measure.

Premium Features