• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone dropped from 162 to a 153? Regrets?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I started out with a 162, and stuck with it because I found no reason to go away from it. It may take a tad more work to squeeze it through the trees behind a 153, but I rode in 2 feet of fresh pow on Wednesday with 6 sleds, from RMK's to M6 and M7, to M1000 153. I destroyed them all on the hill. The only way the other shorter sleds could make it where I went was if they created a packed track to keep their speed up. I continually out-climbed my buddy on the identical sled with a 153. I thought of switching for a second, but then thought that one day there would be a spot where I wished I had the extra track. I decided not to have that regret!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
M7 with a Cutler 1000 in a 162. Bought a 153 the next season, set-up the same way. Way more fun, sure it may lack in a straight up climb but those aren't the fun climbs. Tight technical climbs and finding routes through trees to the top is my idea of fun.
And holy track speed boys.....only a T-Nytro at 18lbs makes me smile harder.

V
Apr 10, 2008
Enderby B.C.
Good post

Alot of good info here!

Imo you can't go wrong w/ either 153 or 162.

My friend has a M1000, who just changed to a 162, and he loves it. With the power that sled has, it is easier to keep afloat.

I went from a 141 to 153, and I feel the same way as I am enjoying that, however we both powder ride.

In the spring riding, both tracks would be too much.

Premium Features