• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody running an SLP Power Commander III on an 08 d8

J

jfield

Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
my buddy has an 08 d8 with an SLP pipe, can, clutch, etc. he's thinking about getting a Power Commander III EFI controller. SLP has no horsepower numbers, he's just wondering if anyone has tried it and what they think of it. any feedback is much appreciated.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
my buddy has an 08 d8 with an SLP pipe, can, clutch, etc. he's thinking about getting a Power Commander III EFI controller. SLP has no horsepower numbers, he's just wondering if anyone has tried it and what they think of it. any feedback is much appreciated.

Jim @ DYNOTECH has the CORRECT mapping for that combo. He just dynoed a 2009 800 with the SLP single, plus a few other mods. Got something like 163 h.p. with SLP single and PC III if I remember right.

www.dynotechresearch.com

or call him on his cell (585) 993-2777

I paid $ 365.00 I think back in January for the PC III mapping included.

Great guy to talk to, will provide you with back-up tech support as well

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Will that fix the mid range burn-downs Polaris is fighting? If not I would assume Polaris will shaft you if you have the burn-down using an aftermarket controller. I have had one and they fixed it on their dime and extended my warranty till 2010 or the fix is installed. I would hate to have to pay for the next one, which I have no doubt is coming!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Will that fix the mid range burn-downs Polaris is fighting? If not I would assume Polaris will shaft you if you have the burn-down using an aftermarket controller. I have had one and they fixed it on their dime and extended my warranty till 2010 or the fix is installed. I would hate to have to pay for the next one, which I have no doubt is coming!

They're fattened up in the mid-range. On the dyno, the stock maps were as LEAN as 16:1 AIR/FUEL.

If it does burn down (from some other reason) it takes all of 5 minutes to unplug the PC III, and you're back to STOCK.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I am also interested in seeing what this does on a d8

Subscribe to Jim's dyno testing. He's done the 800's on at least (3) different test sessions, from BOX-STOCK to piped & ported. Annual subscription is only $ 25.00

He tested (3) different pipes SLP made the most power. 163.1 H.P. with complete SLP system, with the PC III.

Stock 145 H.P., Re-mapped with the PC III =155 h.p.

www.dynotechresearch.com

A lot of guys are running the PC III on D8's, posting on
www.hardcoresledder.com

I'm running a PC III on my 2007 DRAGON 700, for about 1200 miles now, GOOD plug readings (used to be BLACK, PIG RICH ALL THE TIME)
I'm @10% LEAN on TOP, 5% to 7% RICHER in the MID-RANGE.

BEST $ 365.00 I've spent.

S

sureman

Feb 8, 2010
utah
dynotech

isnt dynotech located in Batavia NY 14020 which sits at 1000ft. even though i subscribe because i like their tech articles i often wonder if their mapping would be any good where i ride at 6000-10000ft. I think i am going to try the pcV with the autotune so i can check my own map against his.

*************update**************
nope... dyotech's map does not run on a 2010 800.. not even close.. adds way to much fuel in the mid range, black plugs... autotune wanted to take most of his adjustments away.. wasn't even a good starting point, went back to all zero's here to start over.. will give it another try this weekend, maybe try the slp map, i asked if they would email me.

now i feel like the subscription to dynotech was a waste of money, good articles but full of useless information

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I have the SLP pipe set, clutch weights, and intake with the Dynotech map on a PC111 on my 08 D8. The map added almost 25% more fuel in the midrange, sled runs really well and sounds like it is in a much safer state of tune, plug readings verify this. As far as power increase goes, it's hard to say how much more I got but it feels very snappy and has great throttle responce. Sled is definantly louder with the SLP pipe, but the weight reduction is nice. I'm not sure I would spend the money on the pipe again, but the power commander is a good addition as far as I'm concerned.

S

sureman

Feb 8, 2010
utah
dynotech maps

always learning -- anyway
dynotech's map is useless for a 2010 D8
Starting lines map is pretty close, just a little rich for safety if you watch your piston wash.

couple things to note, it is very important to 'calibrate' your TPS to the PMV. It is also noteworthy that the PMV responds better if you program each injector as a cylinder, so if your running a CFI4 with 4 injectors you will be tuning 4 cylinders in the PMV...or if you are running 2 injectors then 2 cylinders and so on.. you get the idea... on the CFI4 sleds you would adjust 1&2 for the low and mid and 3&4 for the top end..... and yes.. i carried my laptop on the mountain for a couple trips.

BTW, Im happy now...

Premium Features