• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Z120 Experts Out There???

P
Dec 21, 2008
Evergreen, CO
Fixing up neighborhood family's '03 AC Z120 sled so our kindergarten sons can ride together. Sure would appreciate any suggestions on what I can do to boost the performance of their sled, their boys are 6 and 8 and on the stocky side. Sled was stock, Got it last Thursday night, would like to turn this around quickly, so they can get out riding together. I plan to wash it up, change the gas, plug, oil with synthetic and lube everything up, it has the gov. spring updated (I think) and some kind of air intake upgrade. Am considering a gearing change, but not sure exactly that that includes. Maybe I'll learn enough to do the same updates to my sons' 98 MiniZ. Can somebody tell me if there is an Artic Cat version of the DooTalk form, anybody got a service manual for the '03 Z120, anybody have a spare stock ski for sale? Could visit in the front range to see an updated sled in person. Sure appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Snowesters!

PS: Wife advised that nitrous was out of the questions, sorry...

Nov 26, 2007
carberry, manitoba
i think that you want to look at rec motors velocity stack kit with adjustable main and a gearing change. stock gearing is a rear 45. lots of guys are going to a 40 or under. motor cant pull too uch gearing without getting bogged down. check out the site above or hardcoresledder.com
clarence

Premium Features