• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any recommendations on Snow Gear?

B
Dec 17, 2020
Hey all,

Read a lot of posts from here but first time posting. Just wondering if anyone can help me out with Jacket/Pants recommendations. Looking for something lightweight with flotation. Don’t think it’s possible for a shell to have flotation without insulation?

I have a FXR Team FX suit but to be honest am not a fan. I find it incredibly bulky and way to warm for me personally - especially if wearing a Tekvest. Looking for something very lightweight with flotation. Would rather put on layers than go to a fully insulated suit. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Onesie and an inflatable life jacket

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

LOL. I know you are joking, but I am seriously considering getting the TOBE onesie. Anyone got experience/advice on those things?? Trying to figure out if I'd want one of the more insulated ones and what exactly people end up wearing under it...

@Burnt wtf kinda flotation you think you are getting from a jacket/bibs???

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
What kind of weather/temps will you be consistently be riding in? I mostly ride Snoqualmie Pass in Washington, it's very wet, generally right at freezing most days. So having dry gear is key, but insulation is usually a little much. Personally I prefer shell type gear cause you can always layer up. Tobe mono suits are the bomb for wet weather. Most of my crew rolls them.

I have Motofist Mono suit that I ride with most days I know it's gonna be wet. I went for Motofist over the Tobe cause I liked the zippers that allow air to flow through cause I generally run pretty hot, that and I got a really good deal on it at sled show. I had pair of their bibs prior to the mono suit and it was pretty tough. I had rails on my sled rip up pants pretty bad in the past. I've been really happy with it even though I split a zipper on it last season. They fixed it under warranty for me really quick.

B
Dec 17, 2020
LOL. I know you are joking, but I am seriously considering getting the TOBE onesie. Anyone got experience/advice on those things?? Trying to figure out if I'd want one of the more insulated ones and what exactly people end up wearing under it...

@Burnt wtf kinda flotation you think you are getting from a jacket/bibs???

Spend a lot of time crossing lakes here in the northeast. Not sure how much it would help, but a little peace of mind if nothing else.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO

Spend a lot of time crossing lakes here in the northeast. Not sure how much it would help, but a little peace of mind if nothing else.

Ahhh. Thought you meant snow floatation or something!

What kind of weather/temps will you be consistently be riding in? I mostly ride Snoqualmie Pass in Washington, it's very wet, generally right at freezing most days. So having dry gear is key, but insulation is usually a little much. Personally I prefer shell type gear cause you can always layer up. Tobe mono suits are the bomb for wet weather. Most of my crew rolls them.

I have Motofist Mono suit that I ride with most days I know it's gonna be wet. I went for Motofist over the Tobe cause I liked the zippers that allow air to flow through cause I generally run pretty hot, that and I got a really good deal on it at sled show. I had pair of their bibs prior to the mono suit and it was pretty tough. I had rails on my sled rip up pants pretty bad in the past. I've been really happy with it even though I split a zipper on it last season. They fixed it under warranty for me really quick.

Nice. I'm riding out in Colorado so usually not insanely cold but 10-30 is common. What do y'all wear underneath? I usually have a base layer, tee shirt, and a sweatshirt so that should be good under right?

Last edited:
Premium Features