• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any problems with turning down oiler

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
I have 05 m7 i know some guys have turned the oiler down on these sleds, just curious if anyone has had problems after doing this. Pulled the airbox off and there was a puddle of oil in the mag side throttle body. Trying anything i can think of to get rid of mid range bog.

05 m7 stock excepting gearing, clutch work

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
Factory setting was about 20:1. I turned down the oiler on my 05 M7 after break-in and have over 5000 miles with no problems. I'm running about 40:1 with Amsoil Interceptor synthetic.
I think I turned it down about 3 full turns but you would want to do it in steps so not to be too lean. :)

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Most of them were way too rich. Always premix 100/1 as you are adjusting it, cheap insurance in case you go too far. The oil laying in the intake boot is probably a bad check valve and should clean out after it is run a little. Some do seep through the check valves when they sit for a period of time.

Treebuster

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2009
I've turned mine down 2 or 3 turns and it really cuts the oil usage. The best way to tell is to change it, run it for a bit. Pull off the pipe and check the inside of the Y-pipe, if its white you're to lean, if its still thick oil coated then you can turn it down more. You want the happy-medium. No two sleds are exactly the same so don't just go by what other people turned theres to.

M
Dec 16, 2007
montana
Inside of pipe is really clean, but its still burning a bunch of oil. I'm running amsoil dominator, i know i don't need the dominator but have always ran it since i built my old polaris mod so have never bothered to switch. Maybe ill check how much i burn before I turn it out. The amsoil burns so clean i don't think i can judge it by the inside of the pipe. Another question has anybody bypassed the throttle body heat on these sleds or will they not hardly run without it?

Premium Features