• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any problem mixing Polaris blue oil with gold oil?

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I have a gallon of the Polaris ves gold oil that I bought by mistake. I already opened it and used some so I can't take it back and swap it. Any problem with mixing the ves gold oil with the Polaris blue oil that's already in the oil tank?

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dealer says it's ok. I mix it often in my rental fleet and have never had problems, but who ever knows or can prove anything when it comes to oil.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Just try to avoid mixing it half and half. Let your bottle run atleast low enough for the oil light to come on before filling the tank back up. Btw, you can generally run another full tank of fuel through your sled once the oil light comes on without actually running out of oil!!!

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Just try to avoid mixing it half and half. Let your bottle run atleast low enough for the oil light to come on before filling the tank back up. Btw, you can generally run another full tank of fuel through your sled once the oil light comes on without actually running out of oil!!!

OK, I assume that would be the same both ways (like if I were switching back to blue from gold)? Because I already mixed a little gold with the blue at the end of last season, so now I have mostly blue with some gold. So I should be fine if I just let that mixture get low before I add more gold, and then top it off so it's mostly gold with a little blue?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Yep, you will be good to go. Some say you mix and match anything, others will swear you will toast a motor if they are mixed at all. Truth is, I think most all of us have mixed at one time or another for various reasons. Our Poo dealer often runs out oil in the spring and then sells us EVINRUDE outboard oil and tells us to run that the rest of the year!!! Just try to run it to a safe low level before you switch again to what ever you intend to run in it.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Western NY.
99.9% chance they will mix and not have a problem.

Take a ounce of blue put it in a clear glass container, then add a ounce of gold, shake and look at it in a day. If they don't react and gum up by then your good to go.

I really don't think poo is bumb enough to make oils that won't mix, think of the warenty work.

Premium Features