• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any issues with 600 CFI engines?

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I have read about all the problems with the 800 engines. It sounds like it is mostly caused by fuel mapping. Do the 600 CFI engines have similar problems? I'm thinking of getting a 600 RMK as it has enough power to get this skinny old guy where he needs to go. The only negative thing I have heard so far about the 600 engine is that there may be a crank bearing issue but I don't know if that is a widespread problem or not.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
My best buddy has an '07, seized it up twice this year, uses more fuel than I do. I think the '08 and '09 ones run better as I also have a cousin that has 4500 trouble free miles on his engine('09 600SB). Only downfall is he also gets only 10mpg, I get 12 w/carbs. Run the Blue oil like he does, I do too. Buddy that had the problems seizing up uses Gold.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Put on around 1200 miles in the last couple of months on my 09 600 Shift RMK. No issues. Clutch it a little heavier than the chart and it's gas/oil and go. Have been running VES gold oil and pulled the exhaust valves at 1000 miles and no residue. Mileage is exceptional even when working it hard, well over 120 miles per tank. Only change from stock was to pull the anvil and replace it with a MBRP can.

Premium Features