• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any closed loop fuel systems for the m turbos yet?

B
Dec 21, 2006
Attitude Industries has some on the snow for testing. It is called the "3.5". Should be available for next season. I talked to Derek about them and sounds like it will be a pretty slick system.

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Fuel controllers

I wouldn't let closed loop hold you back from an mturbo setup. I have only been around OVS setups, but there fueling is very dialed in. Buddies M1000 setup took very little time to get setup and it works very very well. The fueling is as good as my apex setup. The only time it is off is when something mechanical is going on ie boost leak.

Wes

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I know Racin Station is working on a closed loop system as well. There's a thread over in the Perf/Mod forum.

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
You could put a Motec system on a sled no prob.Motec is used by the top racers in many forms of motorsport. The only drawback is the cost,very spendy.One of those ya get what you pay for deals....

I ran one of thier systems on my turbo Thunderbird drag car and went 6.50 @222mph with the setup.Made over 2400 hp with a 418 small block ford with twin 88mm turbos.:face-icon-small-sho

I am going to try to build a turbo M8 this summer and I think I am going to try to use a motec on it.I want TOTAL control of the fuel system and a
motec gives you that.Been looking on some motorcycle websites and should be able to get a used system for around $2000. Yes,spendy but it
will be sooooooo much more adjustable then anything out there now.Plus I will be able to use automotive injectors witch are way cheaper then
sled ones and I wont have to run 4 to make it work. I am also looking into the Accel DFI system,I have it on my car now and like it.Not quite as
hight tech as a motec but 1/3rd the price.

Last edited:
B
Dec 21, 2006
You could put a Motec system on a sled no prob.Motec is used by the top racers in many forms of motorsport. The only drawback is the cost,very spendy.One of those ya get what you pay for deals....

I ran one of thier systems on my turbo Thunderbird drag car and went 6.50 @222mph with the setup.Made over 2400 hp with a 418 small block ford with twin 88mm turbos.:face-icon-small-sho

I am going to try to build a turbo M8 this summer and I think I am going to try to use a motec on it.I want TOTAL control of the fuel system and a
motec gives you that.Been looking on some motorcycle websites and should be able to get a used system for around $2000. Yes,spendy but it
will be sooooooo much more adjustable then anything out there now.Plus I will be able to use automotive injectors witch are way cheaper then
sled ones and I wont have to run 4 to make it work. I am also looking into the Accel DFI system,I have it on my car now and like it.Not quite as
hight tech as a motec but 1/3rd the price.

I like where your head is at. You did lot's of good things at that little shop in Marysville. Glad to see you aren't done tinkering...:D

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
thats what kills me about all these turbo kits.

Take a 10K+++ dollar sled, put a 6-7K dollar turbo kit and all the goodies to go with it, suspension, chassis upgrades, and then have to run a cheap plug in EFI "fooler" that just barely manipulates the fueling.

WIth all the advancements in technology and electronics you would think that someone would have an EFI controller that actually works half way decent! But IMO they are all just cheap electronics that someone thought up in their basement.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Very soon. I might get to see one in person tomorrow. I agree matty, the current controllers are marginal at best. Closed loop systems will give ultimate tuning and diagnostics. I cant wait.:D

Premium Features