• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another injector oil question

Hey folks,
This has been asked before I'm sure, so my apologies right off the top to those of you who frequent here often.

I have a 2002 RMK 700 Edge with variable exhaust. [short track]

When buying injector oil for the machine is there a difference between oils that say they are specific to V.E.S. and other injector oils ??
I bought a gal. of "Motomaster" Formula 1 injector oil that says it meets all specs. for the usual brand names of snowmobiles.
On the back label it reads in part : "Guaranteed to meet Bombardier, Polaris, Artic Cat etc..the latest TC-W3 standards & JASO FC exhaust smoke req..
For liquid-cooled engines, oil injection and premix"

That was $25.00 a gal. on sale.
The Polaris dealer says I should use their VES oil ....$54.00

Polaris says that the variable exhaust valves can "gum up" but they are not as likely to do so [as soon or as often ] with the VES injector oil. .......REALLY????
Can someone tell me the difference?
The VES is synthetic ...the Motomaster....?? I think might be "dino"

I'm not even sure my industrial science from high school could even help me here ...if I could remember it.
Thanks for any help.
rickyboy

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
The Polaris dealer says I should use their VES oil ....$54.00

Of course they'll say that. LOL!

While geared more towards the marine industry, a TC-W3 rating is your assurance that the oil does at least meet the minimum requirements for use in a 2 stroke engine.

You won't find a machine with E.V.s any easier to work on so if you're mechanically inclined at all don't let an annual cleaning dissuade you from using a non-synthetic oil. Fact is the EVs should be cleaned regularly anyway.

Make sure the oil injection pump is set correctly as per the service manual and unless your partial to riding regularly in -30 C weather, the Canuck Tire oil or any other "dino" oil meeting TC-W3 or JASO specs. will be fine.

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
My 03 ves 700 has had nothing but Polaris blue in her for 8k miles, clean my valves once a season no more no less. Never have had one gummed up in it. I am I think an odd man out though as I run nothing but polaris blue oil in my sleds(hell any 2 smoke for that matter gets polaris blue in it) Love running my saws on it reminds me winter is coming every cord I cut :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features