• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AND....another one bites the dust....

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Hey i will tell you this dealers have told me that there is absalutely no ratchetting problem with any raw chassis and have never heard of it. Do you think that is true, They are not going to tell you flat thats it . Why would they, news spreads fast and is bad for buisness. I never said all are going down It seems a bunch are i have seen quite a few myself thats all. It's not hard to read between the lines. I seen this happen with the older sleds and people were saying the same thing then as now so. Guess what it happened. so is this a repeat? I do know some have good luck, but why not all or most? Why is there so much variance?. a part is apart or is it? You would think with todays tech they would all work the same. Is there problems in QC ? Who knows there is some reason why every ones are not similar.

Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Got my Dragon back from the dealer today. Took them 1 day to fix it and me 5 days to get there to pick it up. Dealer is Tri-City by the way and they were great. Pulled the cylinders off because the PTO side was scuffed. Tracy said the cylinder was questionable so he put new one on it. Everything from the case up is new.

It's under warranty, I'm going to ride it like I stole it. Maybe I'll need another rebuild before Polaris figures out the fix completely. Maybe, just maybe, there is more than one issue they need to fix.

sled_guy

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Got my Dragon back from the dealer today. Took them 1 day to fix it and me 5 days to get there to pick it up. Dealer is Tri-City by the way and they were great. Pulled the cylinders off because the PTO side was scuffed. Tracy said the cylinder was questionable so he put new one on it. Everything from the case up is new.

It's under warranty, I'm going to ride it like I stole it. Maybe I'll need another rebuild before Polaris figures out the fix completely. Maybe, just maybe, there is more than one issue they need to fix.

sled_guy

I'd replace the fuel filter while you are at it. That was the cause of my sled going lean.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
breeze, I asked the dealer about it. He said they checked it and it was clear/clean so they didn't replace it.

They are friggin' expensive too.

sled_guy

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
Gainster

What was the Date on that Post from JG Busque Inc? I know that Canada and some of the other countries have a Flash that is still not available in the U.S. I wonder if that is the flash he is talking about and it doesn't apply to dealers in the U.S because it is not available to use at this time.

I disagree with this dealer and believe there is a problem with piston clearance on the exhaust valve. I have seen the damage on my sled and there is a great picture on another post that clearly shows a problem that can not be or has not been explained by Polaris yet. How this can happen is way beyond me as I have looked at it and looked at it. Something has to be expanding alot.

There is also ether an issue with piston size or cylinder bore because with all new parts in my sled the cylinder clearance is out of spec. and Polaris allows for way more piston to cylinder clearance than is typical for a cast piston. Polaris acknowledged that I had an issue with the excess clearance on these new parts and told me to run it until it dies again or they can get the parts available to fix it before next fall.

I don't dispute that setup is critical but I think having this dealer saying it is the dealer and not the product is a misrepresentation of what has been happening on these sleds.

And no I have not seized one yet. I have taken it in each of the three times before there was significant damage, and all three times it was still running-- just not running like an 800.

Here is the whole story

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/57347.aspx

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
Thanks Gainster.

I will read it. I'm still searching for the truth like everyone else. There just hasn't been an answer yet that seems to hold a lot of water. It likely is a number of smaller issues surrounding on bigger problem. But I hope they give us something that will make my sled a little more reliable.

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
Thanks Gainster.

I will read it. I'm still searching for the truth like everyone else. There just hasn't been an answer yet that seems to hold a lot of water. It likely is a number of smaller issues surrounding on bigger problem. But I hope they give us something that will make my sled a little more reliable.

I guess Polaris really does not care for a dealer to takecare of their customers

http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/60871.aspx
http://cs.amsnow.com/snocs/forums/t/58467.aspx

Last edited:
Premium Features