• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

alpha track clips

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
part number is 3602-223

I'm sure this is old news, and sorry if it's a repost, but i know plenty of people were looking to fully clip their sleds last year and had a tough time finding track clips for the alpha track when nothing appeared to be available online. it looks like sometime in the last couple months arctic cat has now made them available.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Awesome, I was wanting to do that to my alpha as I can clearly (like so many) see the issue with it not having full clips. That said I'm unfamiliar with the clips do you need a special crimper to get the clips on the track or can you just use some big pliers? thanks!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Anybody know where to get some more clips? Seems like only country cat sells them and at $8/each that seems pretty steep, I found a pack of 7 on ebay for $20, but I count I'll need 23 or 24 for my 165. I Brought my alpha home and looking at that track for how little use it has its sure wore into the rubber, I'll bet after this season it'll be showing cords...

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
Instead of adding the extra rotating mass and price of the stock alpha clips I ended up grabbing some regular 1” clips to add. I also don’t feel I need another piece to line the track up every window (stock alpha clip design) when every other window works for that.

What I am debating though is if I could get away with putting a single clip and alternating them left/right for the unclipped windows rather than two 1” clips in each unclipped window.

Essentially in each unclipped window I’d still have one section of track rubber with the potential to rub the slider (other side won’t because of 1” clip), but I’m thinking the clip added will keep the distance between slider and rubber far enough away the other side won’t be able to touch the slider. Would keep the added weight to a minimum as a bonus....... hmmmm am I describing this ok?

Also just going to grind the teeth of my $50 bolt cutters to the shape of the clip and crimp the clips that way.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Instead of adding the extra rotating mass and price of the stock alpha clips I ended up grabbing some regular 1” clips to add. I also don’t feel I need another piece to line the track up every window (stock alpha clip design) when every other window works for that.

What I am debating though is if I could get away with putting a single clip and alternating them left/right for the unclipped windows rather than two 1” clips in each unclipped window.

Essentially in each unclipped window I’d still have one section of track rubber with the potential to rub the slider (other side won’t because of 1” clip), but I’m thinking the clip added will keep the distance between slider and rubber far enough away the other side won’t be able to touch the slider. Would keep the added weight to a minimum as a bonus....... hmmmm am I describing this ok?

Also just going to grind the teeth of my $50 bolt cutters to the shape of the clip and crimp the clips that way.

I never thought of the 1 inch clips! Great idea and yeah lighter than stock clips,, Do you have a part number?

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
I never thought of the 1 inch clips! Great idea and yeah lighter than stock clips,, Do you have a part number?

Dealers couldn’t seem to order just clips, tried all 3 manufacturers so I ordered this from Royal Distributing.

EABBDE37-E4F2-42CE-A18F-4C48C033ACA8.jpeg

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Thanks! I wonder if getting the same ones but with the sides on them would be beneficial? Help keep the track from rubbing on the sides of the hyfax,

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Anybody know where to get some more clips? Seems like only country cat sells them and at $8/each that seems pretty steep, I found a pack of 7 on ebay for $20, but I count I'll need 23 or 24 for my 165. I Brought my alpha home and looking at that track for how little use it has its sure wore into the rubber, I'll bet after this season it'll be showing cords...
After 500mi. Thet track wears down at a slower rate... or i just happen to have better lubrication from wetter snow?

Sent it

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
give country cat a call, i know it doesn't say it on their website, but for some reason i thought i saw that was a multi-pak for $8. not sure how many that included, but i don't think it is per part.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
give country cat a call, i know it doesn't say it on their website, but for some reason i thought i saw that was a multi-pak for $8. not sure how many that included, but i don't think it is per part.

I emailed them and heard back.... Price is per 1, ouch!

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Any thought as to if alternating them left/right would work? Then only need the 23.
I would think one will work fine if you put the clips under the paddle. The paddle is where pressure is most applied. But then at a dollar ea is 23$ Total really a concern.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I would think one will work fine if you put the clips under the paddle. The paddle is where pressure is most applied. But then at a dollar ea is 23$ Total really a concern.
That is the issue with the Alpha Track. Each paddle puts pressure on both hifax (slider for the east coast and Canadian peeps)

Sent it

Premium Features