• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air intake screens .... Uhhhh .... what? How are you supposed to roll your sled over without destroying them?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, so I guess having been on an Axys the last 5 seasons, I never had to worry about destroying an air intake screen or anything rolling the sled over ..... but looking at the new Lynx, there is an enormous flat area with no protection whatsoever that in the event of a roll over is going to get completley destroyed.

The G4s had this problem of destroying vent screens using the roll over technique to get unstuck too .... the G5s look to be even worse in this regard.

So ....

Anybody have some kind of a fix for this? New "Air Hood" that routtes the vents rearward and provides some protection from snow when rolling the sled over by chance?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I roll my sled all the time in various snow conditions. Gen 4 turbo never had a problem, no issues on the Gen 5 turbo so far either. If I was to need a replacement I’d use xtreme air vents

K
Apr 12, 2018
Ok, so I guess having been on an Axys the last 5 seasons, I never had to worry about destroying an air intake screen or anything rolling the sled over ..... but looking at the new Lynx, there is an enormous flat area with no protection whatsoever that in the event of a roll over is going to get completley destroyed.

The G4s had this problem of destroying vent screens using the roll over technique to get unstuck too .... the G5s look to be even worse in this regard.

So ....

Anybody have some kind of a fix for this? New "Air Hood" that routtes the vents rearward and provides some protection from snow when rolling the sled over by chance?
Pretty simple. Don't get stuck.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
You all must be very lucky, we have a 2022 LYNX DS 4100 and the vents have popped out on occasion when the sled was rolled to get unstuck. Checking to vents after rolling is now SOP (standard operating procedure).

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask

So ....

Ride trees everyday and all day. Best way is to roll them and never destroyed vents on either G4 or G5. Perhaps our snowpack is very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
Dec 22, 2018
I wreck my left top vent but it was because I did a throttle turn on hard pack and sled landed on my feet. Otherwise there has been no issues rolling the sled, not even on hard pack snow.

Premium Features