• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket secondary rollers, where and which ones to get?

fixit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Mountain City, NV
I'm a former polaris guy, so kinda outa the loop on this item. Hi-Torque, sled junky, rock, black diamond??????? Need them for a M7 and M1000. Need to order asap so please link or include phone #.
THANKS,
John

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
All the 1000 riders I ridfe with have BD rollers & I haven't seen a single one replace them, good enough for me,my stockers were grooved within about 200 miles. The hi torque guys is obnoxious & charges double what bd does.
Does SJ make his own?

B
Nov 26, 2007
the hitorque guys say theirs are tried and true, but i wouldn't buy theirs b/c they're phenolic. phenolic is very hard yes, but absorbs water like crazy and just isn't ever used as a bearing material. phenolic is layered and laminated fabric. it also burns as it doesn't have a high heat tolerance.

the BD ones appear to be delrin/ acetal...which is good, but can also crack and break under stress.

stock is nylon, at least on my cat it was. nylon is cheap and tough.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
And if you have to go there tons of the older roller plates used the needle bearing aircraft.....helicopter actually bearings.

If you are convinced hard is better , try steel needle bearing rollers, drop by your local bearing shop with a plastic roller to find a mate, bout 11.00 a piece these days I would guess.

Sucked up the supply on the west coast for these cute little neddle bearing rollers one year building roller plates, we had never thought of using plastic until cat came with their own roller setup. Whoa, but the plastic looked cheap, know what, tried them and they worked as good as the needle bearing........well close enough that the pilgrims couldn'd tell the difference.

We were always a little leery anyway of the potential for centrifical disaster with the steel rollers, when your primary clutch is spinnging 8500rpm and you're in a little over drive and the old secondary is spinning about 10,000 rpm and its all held togething with some cheap cast aluminum, could be a heck of an explosion. Made it through that part of my life without being sued over making somebody's sled go faster and their widow suing for getting guys in over their heads.

Got nothing but sympathy for guys trying to earn a living making your sled go faster for $500........that's scarey!

B
Nov 26, 2007
good points, especially about liability.

i made my own out of bearing grade plastic w/ graphite, ptfe teflon, and carbon fibre additives. holds off temps up to about 650f too.
hard and as slippery as can be.

they work well. also made some out of oil impregnated nylon. haven't tried those yet. maybe if i get bored.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
I can't see paying twice as much for the same thing.
So, You've been through 5 sets of rock to your one set of hi-torque rollers then?

Nope. But I do have five times the miles on my hitorques than I had on my rocks when they died and they're still going strong. I wouldn't pay twice as much for the same thing either, but I will pay twice as much for five times the life.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Im on my second set of BD first set grenaded bad!! Ive got SJ waiting for when this second set goes

Did you call us for replacement? How long have you had? We had one bad batch of rollers. Give us a call we have thousands of sets out there with o issues.

Mike

BDX

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I had a couple bad sets in 06. They basically crumbled into pieces within a couple days. They were the black ones with the "black diamond" writing on them.

2 new sets showed up at my door without me doing anything. BD notified thier retailers and SLP sent them to me no charge.

The newer tan ones work great!

Just contact them and they will take care of you. S#$T happens sometimes, its how they handle it that makes a company IMO.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
i threw in a set of hi-torque rollers. let you know how they work out.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I had a set of Rock Rollers crumble. Told my dealer about it and he said for me to tell them. Haven't done it yet . What a pain.

PM'ed you.

If there are issues we will stand behind them. There is a 1 year warranty on our products.

Mike
BDX

fixit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Mountain City, NV
BDX, Why doesn't the website ask for a sled model? I know the M7 roller has a narrow ramp contact area compared to the older style roller.

Anyone have the #'s for sledjunky and hi-torque?

Thanks again,
John

Premium Features