• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aerocharger fuel adjustment

TRUDOO

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2008
Donnelly, ID
This is my first two stroke turbo. Running factory boost about 5 lbs on my 2015 T3 174. When I adjust the fuel to get the A/R around 13 when i'm traveling about half or so throttle down a trail its to rich. When I get off the trail and blip the throttle the sled gurgles when you get back on the throttle. I watched the Aero video about adjusting and he said to not worry about it being lean on the A/R ratio when on the trail. Only pay attention to it at full throttle. So I lean it down under lighter throttle conditions and get it running smooth and crisp but it makes me nervous. Am I being nervous for nothing? Please help the newbie. Would hate to burn it down.

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Don't pay any attention to the AFR unless you are at full throttle, under load. My T-Etec goes off the chart in the mid range. You have to tune the low and mid range by feel and sound. Too much fuel it will burble not enough it will cut out.

TRUDOO

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2008
Donnelly, ID
Thanks. That is what I have done is tune by feel and sound on no boost. Someone else just told me that if you were to put a A/F on a stock ski-doo you would be amazed at how lean it would show under partial throttle.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It will be very difficult, if not impossible to get rid of the burble on an aerocharger. Aero themselves cannot fix it. Watch their vid of Jackson hole hillclimb 2014 and you will see for yourself. They had a full on support team there complete with team "captain." Still burbling away. Good turbo in theory. Bad turbo in reality.
This is my belief.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Don't look at the a/f other than wot.. The stock sleds run the same numbers down low as well..

Wot a/f should be between 12 to 13.3 with out issues..

I run a aero as well and when it's dialled in there is no gergle and spools the same every time, out with two other new t3 kits last week than ran fine as well..

Turn fuel controller to these settings at 7000 feet and try.. Turn the first three sets of lights to 0 on the fuel controller turn 4 to 2, five to three and six to 5

That is what they ran and they had boost at 10 lbs, they had no hiccups all week

Brad is working on a fuel box that will compensate for temp and pressure... No more fueling, just drive it .... Be real sweet

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
fueling

Dont listen to KD...he has a bone to pick with aero. Fred's setting should put you spot on! The key on the zero for the first 3 are a quick flash indicating they are off.

Happy riding.

speedfreak

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Dont listen to KD...he has a bone to pick with aero. Fred's setting should put you spot on! The key on the zero for the first 3 are a quick flash indicating they are off.

Happy riding.

I will second that my 2015 174 T3 Aerocharger with snow to air intercooler ran great!!!!!!!!!! 7lbs of boost a couple trips to Cook City, MT. This is my second turbo first was a M7 with a Boondocker intercooled turbo set up that I had for 7 winters so this was not my first go around. Aerochager is all that Brad Riley says and more . My sled has great bottom end power and top end is like a rocket. I have some video's to prove it.:face-icon-small-ton check out boosteddeno on youtube:face-icon-small-win

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I have no bone to pick. I could care less if aero succeeds or fails. I have no horse in this race. I'm passing my experience on to a fella sledder to help him avoid pulling his hair out. I believe with aero your gonna have a burble, simple. If you ride hard and know engines, you will understand.
There is a reason why the whole civilized world uses garrett turbos, not aerocharger on their motors. But what do I know?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
You need to ride with a few and then comment, only burbles have been when tune is not set correctly, or something else is wrong.. When they working like they should.. You could only wish to be on one..

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Loved my areocharged 2014 Xm. No burble or cutting out. Ran real smooth. I messed with it for a minute to get it to run right but after 10 minutes of adjusting it was good and I never touched it again all season. I never had a turboed 2 stroke before that but two of us in the group bought areos that year and we loved them. Like everyone before said just tune it by ear and feel in the lowend and midrange and look at the afr for wfo.

Last edited:

TRUDOO

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2008
Donnelly, ID
Thanks everyone. I think I got it dialed in. My settings are very close to what you recommend. I'm only running 5 lbs with the innercooler so I have my upper setting down 1 from what you recommend and the thing is smooth as silk. I have no more gurgle. I even picked up a couple RPM. I am very impressed at how smooth the turbo comes in which makes it very easy to boondock. Next year I was thinking of messing around with the vanes but for as good as its running I don't know if I will mess with it.

Premium Features