• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AC marketing opinion

C

crossrider

Nov 16, 2013
Cat has lost some market share over the last few years, if I was the marketing director for Arctic Cat snowmobiles I would immediately make Matt at Syxxes a brand ambassador, approach Muskoka Freerider to be part of the Black Cats, and throw some money at Tucker Hibbert to help promote the new Catalyst chassis. Tucker Hibbert is the GOAT of snocross and his Dad is no slouch either. Muskoka has a huge following in snowmobiling on YT and social media. Syxxes has been a long time Cat guy and has a pretty solid following of his own.

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Cat isn’t going to do that. They’re scared of social media for some reason and drastically underestimate its ability. Like 90% of Polaris’s big name riders right down to Chris burandt all came from cat and cat let them all slip away. If cat would have done what it took to keep all the riders they’ve lost over the last several years, they would be the number one social media presence in the industry.

C

crossrider

Nov 16, 2013
Cat isn’t going to do that. They’re scared of social media for some reason and drastically underestimate its ability. Like 90% of Polaris’s big name riders right down to Chris burandt all came from cat and cat let them all slip away. If cat would have done what it took to keep all the riders they’ve lost over the last several years, they would be the number one social media presence in the industry.
People forget Blair Morgan was an Arctic Cat guy originally. Muskoka has probably sold more Ski Doo's to regular weekend warriors then any marketing campaign BRP has put together. Polaris seems to do the best at the social media and brand ambassador marketing but I think with AC coming out with the new chassis they need to swing big.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You speak in the language of logic. Throw that out the window when speaking to Cat's mythical marketing department.

Actual conversation between marketing and prospective new ambassador:

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Tell you one thing about Muskoka channel, it has shown me just how scary the reliability of Polaris machines are. Clutch failures, never ending fouled plugs and hiccups to just running right. I mean a clutch flying off like that..and these are one or two year old machines. Those doos kill them in reliability.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
People forget Blair Morgan was an Arctic Cat guy originally. Muskoka has probably sold more Ski Doo's to regular weekend warriors then any marketing campaign BRP has put together. Polaris seems to do the best at the social media and brand ambassador marketing but I think with AC coming out with the new chassis they need to swing big.
Just about every well known snowmobiler in the last 15-20 years that anyone can name came from cat at some point and cat chased them all off. Hell, even their most recent “influencer” they signed like less than 2 years ago has already jumped ship. Polaris is the only brand that fully understands the impact of social media and has gone all in signing anybody they can with a following and it’s paid off big for them. People nowadays just like to fit in vs. thinking for themselves so whatever pops up most frequent on there feed is what they gotta have.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Tell you one thing about Muskoka channel, it has shown me just how scary the reliability of Polaris machines are. Clutch failures, never ending fouled plugs and hiccups to just running right. I mean a clutch flying off like that..and these are one or two year old machines. Those doos kill them in reliability.

I know you are aware of Cat clutch issues. They are equally prevalent starting in 2018. Not a reliable clutch at all!

Also, theres a handful of you tube channels that show a ton of riding miles daily. And not easy riding. I haven’t found any yet that showcase the Cats being rung out daily. I would venture to say that given the same treatment with a many riders there would be some carnage to look at. The sad fact is, theres far less Kitties in the hills being abused for the world to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
P
Dec 15, 2018
Dude on muskoka rode a cat last year and this year but he did break it lol. He rides just as hard as the others . Seems like the whole crew is breaking stuff this year. Reminds me of racing a little lol. Cat just wants to be dumb old Midwest guys with stupid looking clothes lol. Never even see the black cats? They should give syxxes and his boy sleds as much as they go to bay for them. Muskoka is a brp loyal and it works for him pretty dang good . Send me one I’ll be a brand ambassador for ya. Just need a sled no stupid nascar looking clothes required lol

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Dude on muskoka rode a cat last year and this year but he did break it lol. He rides just as hard as the others . Seems like the whole crew is breaking stuff this year. Reminds me of racing a little lol. Cat just wants to be dumb old Midwest guys with stupid looking clothes lol. Never even see the black cats? They should give syxxes and his boy sleds as much as they go to bay for them. Muskoka is a brp loyal and it works for him pretty dang good . Send me one I’ll be a brand ambassador for ya. Just need a sled no stupid nascar looking clothes required lol

Meanwhile syxx’s cat is broke.
It is glaringly obvious at this point in the season and year that Cat has definitely fallen behind, not falling.
They do have an apparent 600 that is quick coming with new stuff. But it cn easily be seen how far theyll need to dig out while the other brands are continueing to pump stuff out also.

Marketing seems to still be challenged.
And P, you will need to wear the Nascar clothes if you get that sled sent to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
As I have said for years Polaris can sell you cancer and cats Marketing can't give away the cure! Cats Marketing is a 30 year old dumpster fire long since extinguished.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Methinks Cat didn't drive away their ambassadors so much as Polaris threw money at them that Cat couldn't match. Anyway, I'm not interested in the Catalyst because of who rides it: I'm interested because I think Cat is driving in the right direction. It would help if Cat could find a good face for the brand - and if they find someone good, they should be willing to pay out to keep him - but for my purposes at least, I wouldn't care if they didn't even have brand ambassadors.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Cat just wants to be dumb old Midwest guys with stupid looking clothes lol. Never even see the black cats? They should give syxxes and his boy sleds as much as they go to bay for them. Muskoka is a brp loyal and it works for him pretty dang good . Send me one I’ll be a brand ambassador for ya. Just need a sled no stupid nascar looking clothes required lol
Dumb Midwest? AC marketing is based out of Augusta Georgia.
1677072845746.png

D
Feb 7, 2022
Just about every well known snowmobiler in the last 15-20 years that anyone can name came from cat at some point and cat chased them all off. Hell, even their most recent “influencer” they signed like less than 2 years ago has already jumped ship. Polaris is the only brand that fully understands the impact of social media and has gone all in signing anybody they can with a following and it’s paid off big for them. People nowadays just like to fit in vs. thinking for themselves so whatever pops up most frequent on there feed is what they gotta have.
That's called Sheeple!

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Methinks Cat didn't drive away their ambassadors so much as Polaris threw money at them that Cat couldn't match. Anyway, I'm not interested in the Catalyst because of who rides it: I'm interested because I think Cat is driving in the right direction. It would help if Cat could find a good face for the brand - and if they find someone good, they should be willing to pay out to keep him - but for my purposes at least, I wouldn't care if they didn't even have brand ambassadors.
I think it was a bit of both driving them away and poo paying them. Both burandt and Rasmussen(two of the biggest names in the industry) said they left cat because cat stopped caring what they had to say. Rasmussen was a big part of designing the sleds that put cat on top in the early 2000s, then it seemed like cat got cocky off the success of the m-series and didn’t need/want rider input on the proclimb and we all know how that went for them. I could care less about what brand ambassadors have to say as well, but as I said, the younger generations have to have what they see online so it’s a necessity if you wanna stay relevant these days.

R
Sep 14, 2009
POW CITY
Sheeple or not, young and new and old riders like to see what is out there. How? By social media or the new advertising if you may. Cat blew it with Turrcote ,Kersterke, and Saxton,. Innovating hard working a most important putting good content out! Funny how they all went to Polaris.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Polaris riders and social media seem to really focus on "tree ballet" riding. Not all of us think that stuck in tight trees is all that fun. In fact, it's the stuff we work to get out of to get to the good zones. Only so many hop overs and bow ties a guy can watch.

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
I am by no means a marketing expert. However, many people have a need/want/desire for belonging. And the social media presence can help people feel like they belong. It seems to me that in today's world, there is more of that need for belonging and the fear of missing out (FOMO) effect than in past years. Perhaps not, but it sure seems that way to me.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Or it could be that a lot of people that spend big money on toys want something new. Or not have to spend $3000 on aftermarket to get your brand new machine to equal other manufacturers. I don’t agree completely on the sheeple aspect, but it does play into it a little with certain people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features