• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a/f sensor

R

rymo84

Sep 14, 2008
Iowa
puting a aem a/f gauge on a bd turboed 700 dragon. whats the best place for the sensor? how many miles are you getting on them befor they burn out? my dads sc nytro only goes about 500 miles then is junk. do i need to still check piston wash and plug color or is it that good? any advice would be great!

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
3-4" past the turbo works good.

Yep, this works for me all last year. I would still check wash and plugs just to be safe while getting the #'s where you want them. Good luck. EW

Pics516.jpg

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
eric.. where did you get that heat sink bung??

also.. are you running a coolant line for your turbo?

Pretyty good deal on parts at Summit Racing.

This is the extended bung

This is a kit to make a sensor holder/plug. No need to keep the sensor in when not tuning, it will just foul quicker. For $8.95 and a little time you can keep it secuered close by.

Plug goes into heat sink and sensor screws into blank bung for storage. just welded it to a base and rivet away

100_6773.jpg

100_6772.jpg

100_6771.jpg

Yep I plumbed the coolant from the throttle bodies through the turbo and back to bottle. I haven't run it yet but thats what the new kits are doing and I wanted to be "cool" too. lol. Have a good one. EW

Premium Features