• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 rmk 700 perc reverse help??

R
Apr 7, 2009
Abbotsford B.C.
i have a 99 rmk 700 and i was wondering if i can put perc (electronic reverse) on it? do i have to switch anything out other than the normal parts for the perc kit? i notice that the ignition system looks a little different so i need some input on if it is possible and what parts i may need? or has anyone else done this upgrade before?

I
Nov 27, 2007
Norway
Never heard of ppl putting perc on those non-ves sleds. (I believe Polaris Perc debuted on the 00 600 Classic touring w/ves..?)

You would need a flywheel from 03 or newer, and a CDI with perc.

I'd think if you used, say, a a CDI from a 04 XC700, you may need to have the timing curve reprogrammed to match the 99 timing curve..

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the oil pumps are different too, pumping both ways. Have heard of ppl using a non-perc pump, just have to be aware and only use reverse for short bursts.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
you would have to change alot, it is not worth it, the 01 and newer sleds it can be done for a reasonable cost. you would be better off buying a motor that has it on it then putting it on a 09, you would need carbs, stator, sensors, flywheel, perc kit and probably more.

Premium Features