• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 xlt600 breaking carb neeldes!

C
Jan 30, 2011
Hey guys I have a 97 xlt600 and every 100miles a carb needle breaks! I cant figure this out everything is clean and clear...any ideas on whats wrong. I want to ride on tuesday (getting 10" of snow) but I dont think illl have a new needle in by then, I have a friend who has 3 6dh7 i can borrow for my sled for the day but i dont want to blow up my machine lol! my sled currently runs 6dp17 and 6dh7 doesnt seem too far off, if its richer will it hurt the sled? if its leaner then i just wont use them. Thanks for the help guys I really need to get out and ride!!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I don't know about the needle difference.

If you are breaking the needles that often you have either a really bad vibration issue (check your clutch and crank run out) or the sliders in your carbs are really worn causing them to rattle back and forth a bunch and finally breaking the needles.

sled_guy

C
Jan 30, 2011
hmm seems like it could be that, it viberates at idle pretty good but i just figured it was because the idle was 1800, im gonna try turning it up a bit. usuallly the needle break when im riding n stop

Premium Features