• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

96 Summit Left hand Throttle

L
Oct 11, 2009
Hi all: Has anyone put a left hand throttle on a 96 and earlier Summit. The standard type (Goldfinger and Lefty's) wont work because the 96 has the E-Z pull, dual pin type. They both make them only for 97 and newer. What I would really like is to raise the handlebars up 4". Am willing to spend the bucks to change all over to newer stuff. Does anyone know what years / models would switch over and how complicated is it. I'm pretty sure sure hydraulic brake line and wires would have to be changed out. Do you think all throttle cables would have to be changed or could I use a cable extender. Any help / advice appreciated.

S

shawn2820

Dec 26, 2009
Arthur Nebraska
What you can do is build your own. Made one out of an old schwinn bike brake lever. then if you have a piece of cable to stretch to the right side then you just have to build yourself a little piece to move the throttle when you grip it. Worked fine that way. Only thing you want to watch for is you might have to bend the handle a bit so that when you squeeze it all the way that it opens up the other side to full throttle. i actually like it a lot better, I have a goldfinger on another sled and i hate that thing, its either wide open or nothing. takes so much effort to squeeze it with just a couple fingers. with the riser you might have to get a throttle extension cable to make it work

Premium Features