• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Twin Wont Start, Any Ideas?

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
900 1M, put reeds back in, carbs and air box. Sled started right up, pulled it to the shop door to load in the trailer and it just died. Pulled it over many times and it does nothing. Changed plugs, swapped out ecu, and coil with ones from another 900, nothing. Well I guess its time to look at the stator or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks, Sprocket.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
NO SPARK!

PolarisDude how r things in SF? I was there for 3 months last year working at the ANG at Joe Foss Field. They were some good peeps there.

Last edited:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Did you unplug the chassis wiring harness to eliminate that as a possible problem? Throttle safety switch, key/kill switch etc. Also, did you try the parts you took off on a running 900?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
sounds like you pinched your fuel line coming from either the fuel pump or tank (assuming its carbed) when you put your airbox back in.

S
Oct 6, 2009
LaGrande, OR
sprockethead said:
900 1M, put reeds back in, carbs and air box. Sled started right up, pulled it to the shop door to load in the trailer and it just died. Pulled it over many times and it does nothing. Changed plugs, swapped out ecu, and coil with ones from another 900, nothing. Well I guess its time to look at the stator or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks, Sprocket.
I just had the same problem last year man and it was the stator. hope that helps

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
It was the voltage regulator. Its connectors were all corroded to he!!. Changed it out and runs like a champ again now. I would have never thought of it, but we had already changed out everything else electrically.

Premium Features