• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 twin into a m7 chassis?

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I saw one at fastrax motorsports they can do one for around 2500 not including motor they have to build pipes and motormounts and so on

M
Oct 13, 2008
Does anyone here have one or know of any? I'm also looking for a m7or6 chassis. let me know what you think,

Just so you know, the m7, m8, and m1000 chassis are all the same, so you don't need to be looking for a specific sled type chassis. I've seen it somewhere that someone put a 1m mountain cat 900 motor into an m series chassis, but it was a few months back. He seemed to like it, and it sure beats buying a new sled if working alot isn't a big deal.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Does anyone here have one or know of any? I'm also looking for a m7or6 chassis. let me know what you think,

U need to be more specific. R u wanting to put a 1m 900 into a m7? Dont waste yer time. The m-series chassis works best with a lay down motor. If u want a 900 motor go with a D&D 900 big bore off of yer m7 bottom end. I run this setup on my main sled and its flawless!!! I think that motor Is to big for that chassis and would weigh down the front end and you wouldn't get the right weight transfer of the m-series. If youdesperate and need to put a motor in to finish the season do it by all means......................

My .02

As was said before 1) the chassis would lose ability due the non-lay down motor and high center of gravity 2) you could buy a big bore for that M7 and make better power and do less work for cheaper 3) You'd probably spend the same doing the conversion as you would on a turbo and a turbo makes more power, as my Dad says, its false economy. If your heart is set on it good luck.

Last edited:
U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
I did some research on this it has been done more than once :cool: i was told it wasn't easy but can be done. after all the research i put a 900 cat motor with a big bore into a Polaris IQr 440 (stretched to a 156 x2 1/2 track )chassis now thats some thing you dont see every day

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i would also think the 1m motor would affect the handling of the M. more nose/top heavy, would think it easier to big bore the 700...

Premium Features