• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 stock pipe question

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Leave it on. If you take it off its going to start melting things. If you want to run the stock pipe and cut some weight you can get it ceramic coated and then you can run without the fiberglass, but until then it has to stay on.
-Nolan

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
not only will it start melting things but it will run like garbage. those "sheilds" are used to insulate the pipe more so than to protect your hood.... a pipe has to hold x amount of heat in order for the motor to perform at its best.

J

jfield

Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
i know a lot of people that have taken it off and had SLP ceramic coat the pipe and had no trouble at all. if you think about it all aftermarket pipes are ceramic coated.

my 2 penny's.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
yeah if its ceramic coated its fine because that holds in heat like the stock heat shields read the first post all he wants to do is pull the heat sheild which will effect power!

F
Nov 14, 2008
yeah if its ceramic coated its fine because that holds in heat like the stock heat shields read the first post all he wants to do is pull the heat sheild which will effect power!

I thought the same thing about ceramic coating, had it done on other sleds before with great results. But when I got my 900 exhaust done it turned into a knightmare. I discovered with mine it has to be run with the shields. VJ_M might be okay but test it first if you do get it coated.

V
Jun 23, 2008
Airdrie Alberta Canada
I thought the same thing about ceramic coating, had it done on other sleds before with great results. But when I got my 900 exhaust done it turned into a knightmare. I discovered with mine it has to be run with the shields. VJ_M might be okay but test it first if you do get it coated.

think iam gonna leave er alone guys. all i wanted to do is shine er up and paint it a nice shiny red color. but iam not looking to have problems

thanks anyways

Premium Features