• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 RMK SLP pipe without the SLP intake

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Do any of you guys have any pictures of an air intake setup for a 900 RMK running the SLP pipe without using the SLP intake?

I was looking this over and I am not sure how I can make the Timbersled intake work with this pipe as it's about 3-4" farther forward into the nose than the stock pipe was.

I still have a stock plenum that can be used for either the stock air intake or the T-sled intake, but I don't know if I could get it to work ... I'm still planning on doing a bumper on this sled some day (at least if Treedog is still selling them next year hahah)

When I bought my sled it had the SLP pipe w/ TCP intake but switched to SLP intake. The TCP intake is pretty low profile. Was thinking about switching to the timbersled though cause my bumper just cracked. I dont think the SLP intake will work with treedogs bumper or any other good bumpers, right. Does the timbersled intake require any of the stock parts? Probably, not much help sorry!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
When I bought my sled it had the SLP pipe w/ TCP intake but switched to SLP intake. The TCP intake is pretty low profile. Was thinking about switching to the timbersled though cause my bumper just cracked. I dont think the SLP intake will work with treedogs bumper or any other good bumpers, right. Does the timbersled intake require any of the stock parts? Probably, not much help sorry!

You have to use the stock boost box (plenum) with the T-sled, FnI, or stock air intake .... Correct, you can't run a bumper with the SLP intake ..

I'm just trying to figure out how to run an FnI, T-Sled, or stock air intake with the SLP full pipe.

C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Like this? Now you gotta figure out my stumble problem...lol :rolleyes:

DSC02776.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dog..

if your having issues with the boost box or the intake being too close to the SLP pipe..get some of the offset boots from FNI (or make your own) and it will push the mag side of the intake offset and push it away from the pipe..

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Hey Doggy... I was wondering how your sled came out and what they found wrong. As far as your question goes, I'm running the stock air silencer (air box) with the SLP pipe. It will fit (only 1 inch gap) but after a couple rides, the boost box to air box rubber seal will start to burn if/when the pipe shifts a little. The stock airbox gutted works great on our 900's, but they are heavier than the firenice box for sure.

I did buy the firenice offset boost box to airbox boots but have been to lazy to install them. After watching my buddies 900 flip end over end last weekend off the rocks, the treedog bumper is a MUST!!

BTW, the offset boots are no longer on the website, I had to call Paul direct.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I think I will just take the stock boost box to the hardware store this week and size some rubber hose and use that, if I remember right that's all the FnI offset kit was...I'll just get a foot of it and play with it until I can get it to work.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
IMG00124.jpg

I have the SLP Pipe and a timbersled intake, it works just fine, not a ton of clearance, also the teedog bumper is great.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
IMG00124.jpg

I have the SLP Pipe and a timbersled intake, it works just fine, not a ton of clearance, also the teedog bumper is great.

I think the stock Y-Pipe is shorter than the SLP Y-pipe ...

I just put this all back together with the treedog bumper ...

I don't even have close to that much clearance.

I am not gonna put this thing on the snow until I get this figured out, I don't wanna break that pipe and/or suck snow into my intake ...

Guess I'll be riding the 700 this weekend

heh :)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
boots with intake, y-pipe

I think the stock Y-Pipe is shorter than the SLP Y-pipe ...

I just put this all back together with the treedog bumper ...

I don't even have close to that much clearance.

I am not gonna put this thing on the snow until I get this figured out, I don't wanna break that pipe and/or suck snow into my intake ...

Guess I'll be riding the 700 this weekend

heh :)

Dog..

your right..the SLP Y-PIPE is about 1.5 to 2" longer then the stock one..AND it will not sit on the rubber brace right either..i put the SLP y-pipe on my 05 900 and had to make a 2" spacer and rivot the factory rubber pipe support brace to it..i can post a pic sat when i am home to give you an idea of what i did..

also...if you dont want to get the FNI offset boots..just get the silicone hose (2.5" ID i think) from a good hardware store or these ones on ebay..and cut the MAG side boot about 3" and the PTO boot about 2-2.5"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190247505754

hope it helps you out...

PS..the heat sheild
is on the way ;)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I looked at every hardware store and auto parts store in town, and NONE of them had any silicone heater hose ....

NAPA was the only place that even had ANY 2.5" hose, and it looked like it was meant for a semi truck ....

I bought some of it anyways, if I have time tomorrow i'll see if I can get it to work, but I have a feeling I should have planned ahead on this project and gotten these offset boots taken care of in the first place.

The thing I don't understand is .... won't offsetting the boost box push it farther forward? It looks to me like it needs to come farther back to clear the pipe ...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dog..

i dont think the boots you bought will be a problem...if anything..maybe just cover them with some heat tape and you should be good to go...as long as the ID is the same..

by putting the diff boots on...i wont really push the boost box fwd..the mag side would just slightly be moe fwd..but more of an angle then anything..and the pto side would just be more pushed to the side and not fwd..

pretty simple process and should gain you about 2" from the boost box "spout" to the pipe clearence

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, so I ordered the silicon hose ..

They come 3" from the above site, I cut 1/2" off one of them .... I put them OVER the boots on my boost box ...

My question is, how do you actually get this to work?

I can't for the life of me get this to fit back in there ... the hoses are too short to "bend" up to get around the throttle body.

Did you guys have to take your throttle bodies off when doing this?

If so I'm just gonna say screw it and do like I did last weekend and just wrap bailing wire around the boost box and tighten it up to the belt guard to hold it off the pipe, I really don't feel like dinking with this to accomplish something that should be so simple ;)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
eh, I tinkered around with it some more and I think I got it to fit ...

I think I am gonna have to trim the plastic on the fender however.

It's not gonna be a very good fit...

I dunno I will try trimming it the boots down a little more, I ordered 4 of them just in case I trimmed one up wrong :D

Premium Features