• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 RMK oil pump adjustment?

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
My sled is running lean on the top end and rich on the bottom, which way would i adjust my pump to even it out? Making the line go down or making it go up?

Thanks
Grant

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
How do you know it is being lubed too much in the bottom end?

my thoughts exactly. Lines on the oil pump should be aligned when the throttle's at idle. If the fuel mix is incorrect, you've got bigger issues than an oil pump since that machine's fuel injected.

Have you had it reflashed? Updates done? Plugged injector/fuel line/fuel filter?

What's piston wash look like?

M
Sep 19, 2008
Green River Wyoming
yip had same probleme with my 05 it has a 975 kit on burned it down and couldnt figure out why in fact no one could tell me why. but I rebuilt it and reflashed the ecu and have not had a problem since so if I was you I would do a reflash and check your oil pump cable. I have had two oil pump cables brake good luck

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I guess i should make myself more clear! When im running 3/4 throttle and up my plugs lean out to a white color, when im running below that my plugs are a brown/black color, My other guess would be TPS setting is off, but i DO have all updates and i just rebuilt the top end! Piston wash is perfect and oil pump cable looks brand new! Sled runs like a raped ape so my only complain is the lean condition when hill climbing!

Thanks
Grant

M
Sep 19, 2008
Green River Wyoming
I guess i should make myself more clear! When im running 3/4 throttle and up my plugs lean out to a white color, when im running below that my plugs are a brown/black color, My other guess would be TPS setting is off, but i DO have all updates and i just rebuilt the top end! Piston wash is perfect and oil pump cable looks brand new! Sled runs like a raped ape so my only complain is the lean condition when hill climbing!

Thanks
Grant

yes in deed that is the same problem I was haveing the only thing I changed after the rebuild was a reflash it was fixed.if it was tps I would think it would do it all the time but any thing is possible. you could also go to somebody that has the computer to read your codes so you knew what was going on their should be a fault code popping up.I burned mine down on the top end on a big freekin hill.good luck

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

Thanks
Grant

Okay ... now I understand.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Throttle body boots are BRAND NEW, did them along with the rebuild! Talked to the motorsports place today, $180 dollars for a reflash, should i go some place else? Anyone know of any GOOD polaris dealers in Colorado?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
^ Woudln't recommend vickery, bad experience with them. Xtreme-castle rock was good, but that was previous owners. Can't say now.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Had my 900 reflashed in January at a cost of $40.00, but had to go out of town to get that price. Dealer in neighbouring town was able to do it the same day I called and for $40.00. Local dealer wanted $100 and could not get to it for a week. Saved some money and got an extra weekend of riding in.

Premium Features